31. road trip

Y/n POV:
"Okay, so what's the plan? How are you supposed to get to Los Angeles without a car?" Cameron lowers one of his fries into his milkshake as I take a sip of my root beer. The fluorescent lighting of the cafe that we're sitting in flickers.

"Alright. So Nicole is coming tomorrow for her shoot, and then she'll pick me up to go to LA with her. She said she'll be there around 3, so I might rent a hotel room for the night." The radio behind us plays quietly as the waiters hum to the music behind the counter. I shrug. "I just have to make sure that my mom doesn't find me before then."

"So your friend is picking you up to go to LA with her." He nods his head, forcing a smile.

I raise my eyebrows in confusion. "Everything okay?"

"You don't think that you'll ever come back to Philly, do you?" Cameron's question makes me laugh. Why would I?

"No, I don't want to risk seeing my mom." His face drops and his shoulders slump. I clasp my hands behind my back, plucking at the cuff on my sweatshirt. "Everything okay?"

"I don't know if I'll ever see you again." He mumbles, looking at his untied shoelaces. "I've known you for what, 5 hours, and I already think of you as a good friend. Hell, I wanted to get to know you the minute I saw you."

"-But now I probably won't come back to Philly, where you live." I finish his thought. Cameron nods his head in response.

"I promise that I'll see you again. And, I can FaceTime you whenever I want. You'll finally get to meet Grayson." I wink. The thought of finally seeing him makes my heart skip a beat. It's been four months since I've seen anyone from LA in person, and I miss him more and more every day. Being without the brown haired boy is tearing me apart.

Cameron sighs, clenching his jaw. "I know, it just won't be the same. If I just had an apartment in LA, it would be so good. I could..." I don't even listen to anything else that he says before putting my hand up, stopping him short of finishing his sentence.

"Cam, I have an apartment in LA." I rest my hands on the table, stealing one of his french fries.

He frowns. "Hey! I was going to eat that."

"That isn't the point, Cameron Dallas. The fact of the matter is, I have an apartment in Los Angeles."

"And..?" He trails off, unsure what I'm saying.

"And I live in Grayson's apartment in LA instead." I watch him as he nods his head.

"Not yours?" He taps his fingers on the side of his milkshake.

I grab the check, placing a ten dollar bill on it. "Nope."

Cameron mirrors me before handing our bill to the waitress that walks by us. "So you're saying what, exactly?"

I incline my head, grinning, "You could stay in my apartment because I'm not living there."

Cameron looks to me, guilty. "Y/n, I don't want to just intrude and live in your house-"

"My house is basically Grayson's, and he would be glad to have a new friend around, " I laugh, "Also, Frankie or Nicole could use someone to like," I wink, getting a chuckle in response from him.

Cameron stands up, looking around the restaurant to see if anyone is staring at him. He looks back at me.

"I am cute, aren't I?" Cameron sticks one of his hands on his head and the other on his hip, making a duck face.

"Cocky much?" I chuckle as he falls back down, plopping into the booth. He sits upright before I continue. "Seriously though, I wouldn't mind."

"Alright." Cameron sighs, sliding his hands over the smooth wood of the table.

I grin before hearing my phone ring in my purse. I pull it out seeing Nicole's number on my phone, calling me. I quickly answer and put her on speaker phone.

"Hey, still on for tomorrow?"

I hear her laugh on the other side of the phone. I look to Cameron. He just shrugs.

"One second, I'm coming in." I hear her giggle once again and I furrow my brows in confusion.

"Nicole what do you-" The bell on the door rings, and there she is. Nicole walks in.

I jump up from where Cameron and I are sitting and wheel to her, embracing her in a tight hug. She squeezes back harder, showing me how much she misses me.

"Four freaking months, Y/n." She hugs me again, this time softer. Nicole looks over my shoulder to Cameron and gasps, turning back to me slowly.

"Okay, you're friend is stupid hot."

I laugh as I roll over to Cameron to introduce the two. He gazes at her whole body as we make our way over but looks away, smirking, when he sees me grinning.

I take the seat next to Cameron at the booth as Nicole scoots in my old seat, looking amazing in a white bodysuit and baggy jeans. Her sunglasses glare in the light and glimmer a rainbow of colors as she moves them off of her head. She's completely unaware that Cameron is eyeing her up, and I think it's hilarious. She looks over at the waitress that comes and takes her order.

I lean towards his ear to whisper to him. "Let's have fun tonight with Nicole before you go completely silent as well as crazy, thank you."

He puts his hand to his chest and gasps. "I am not goi- oh whatever." I clap my hands and laugh.

"Stop staring!" I laugh harder.

Nicole looks over to us, not knowing what we just said but laughing a bit because of how hard I'm laughing. I calm down and shift my gaze over to the brunette.

"Nicole, why are you here so early?" I wonder aloud.

She scoots closer to the window in her seat. "My shoot was cancelled, but I decided to come early and see you." 

The waitress brings over a large strawberry milkshake and places it in front of Nicole. The glass glistens. She stares at it before looking back at us.

"I definitely will not finish this. Want some?"

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

The bell on the door rings as we step out of the cafe. Nicole walks ahead of Cameron and I. I'm a little behind because I have to roll up a hill.

"Seriously though, your friend is beautiful," Cameron mumbles as we get closer to her car.

"And you are 'stupid hot'" I make quotation marks with my fingers as he widens his eyes and laugh.

"Really?" I can tell he really wants her to like him already.

I grin. "Go shoot your shot, brat."

"First of all, rude, and second of all, no bad words-

"We're not in your car, Mr. r-word. Now go!"

I shove Cameron forward and he almost falls. When he starts walking to Nicole, he turns around and points at me, tilting his head slightly down as he stares at me. His finger travels down to his neck and he makes a slicing motion over it, laughing, signaling "you're dead."

I shake my head with a smug grin on my face.

Nicole spins around when we reach her car.

"Ready for a road trip?"

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────