24. nope

Y/n POV:
"I'm not going," I laugh in disbelief. There's no way my mom is making me go to Philly.

"I don't care what you think, hun, you're coming whether you like it or not," I hear her voice, different over the phone, state.

"You haven't talked to me in months. You didn't even call me when I got back from the island after half a year. You really think I'm going to go back to the place that ruined most of my life with you?" I snap, "Nope. It's not happening."

"Too bad. I'm flying over and picking you up tomorrow. You better get packed," she says, throwing my attitude right back in my face.

"Mom, leaving LA means literally leaving everything I have going for me," I declare, squeezing Grayson's hand next to me. "I have a career here. I have a home here. I have Grayson."

"Who's Grayson? You better not be dating anyone," My mom scolds me. I don't even care.

"Just another thing that you don't know about me," I scoff, "I lived with him for so long on the island, doing things ourselves, fending for ourselves, and I wouldn't be alive without him. You don't know what you're talking about," I furrow my eyebrows in anger.

"You need me," my mom says.

"I think I can manage myself," I reply, my voice dripping with venom.

"See you tomorrow, problem child."

And with that, she hangs up.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

"I'm not going, Gray, I can't," I circle the room, hands running through my hair, "Philly was awful for me."

"I don't want you to go, but do you really think your mom is going to let you stay here?" The look of hurt on his face is enough for me to let a tear slip down my cheek, which he quickly wipes off.

"Look, if you're going to go, we need to have a going away party today," he looks me in the eyes. I quickly agree. Just a small get together with our good friends.

"I'll call people," I reply.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

"Hey, Frankie, want to come over today? I'm leaving LA tomorrow, so I'm hanging out with my best friends before I go."

"Are you kidding? Yes!" Frankie exclaims, "Wait, I have a friend over my house. Is it okay if she comes too?"

"Of course," I reply, "see you at 8!"

I call Ethan too, and our plans are set. We're just going to set up at my house and have a fun time tonight, for once.

******
"Frankie, hey!"I rush out the door and hug my friend, "I haven't seen you in a while."

"Hey!" She replies, "this is Nicole Hammond!" She introduces her friend excitedly.

I quickly say hi to Nicole and smile. Her bright green eyes sparkle as she grins at me. Her long brown hair tied up in a pony tail goes down to her elbows.

"Hey! I'm so excited to meet you. I've been watching your videos since you had only ten thousand subscribers!" She says, impressing me.

"That's insane! Thank you so much!" I wrap her in a hug, "come on in, guys."

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

As we continue to talk, I learn more about Frankie and Nicole. First of all, Nicole is a professional dancer. I couldn't believe this because she's the same age as me and has a career in dancing, while I just talk to cameras.