33. hospital

Y/n POV:
"Cameron, no, please wake up!" His face is unmoving and his features become paler as time passes. I get lightheaded once again before thinking of what we can do to help him survive. What he did to save me.

"Nicole, you have to give him CPR," my voice shakes of uncertainty. She immediately worries.

"I can't! I don't know how, I-"

"You got this. I'll help you through."

I wasn't going to tell her that I was too weak to do it myself.

When I realize something, I start panicking. As I usually do in bad situations.

"Nicole.." tears brew in my eyes.

She looks over to me with a small frown. "Yes?"

"This is all my fault. It should have been me! If.. if I hadn't told you guys to just look at the fucking sunrise the car wouldn't have crashed."

My voice wavers as I continue, "If I hadn't gotten stuck then Cameron would have not went down to save me. If I had just held my breath for one more second... he.."

I break down into tears before I can finish my sentence. Nicole looks up to me wiping a tear falling down my cheek with her thumb.

"Y/n, you couldn't have known. It's not your fault." I can hear her trying to assure me in her voice, but it doesn't help.

"I- I should have known not to tell you to look away from the road and you did and now he's not breathing, and it's all my fault."

"No, no, Y/n, don't think that. I don't want you to panic." I try to somehow wipe away my anxiety, but it stays firm.

"I can't, Nicole. It's m-my fault," I start shaking.

I let the worry get to me. Nicole notices and wraps her arm around me, pulling me close to herself and Cameron. It doesn't work. The only two people that could ever calm me down were Grayson and Ethan.

I stare at Cameron's cold, lifeless body. My own body collapses in Nicole's arms, sobbing, shaking, but I can't feel it anymore.

All I feel is numb.

And like I do after every anxiety attack,

I see black.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────

Nicole POV:
"No no no, come on wake up." My hand makes its way to Y/n's body, shaking her as much as I can. She doesn't wake up, though.

I push my hands against Cameron's chest, pressing down as hard as I can and then letting go of the pressure. If I had just taken that CPR class that my mom told me about, this would all be okay.

I give up and lay down next to him, tears running down my face. I would never tell her I thought this, but part of Cameron not breathing is her fault.

She told us to look at the sunrise.
She got stuck and couldn't get out.
She was the one that Cameron swam down to save.
She was the one that used every last one of his breaths so she could live.

She couldn't have known that would happen, but if she had just not mentioned the sunrise then we could be in a different state now, probably even back in LA. She could see Grayson again.

But she had to mention the sunrise.

Sirens blare in the distance and I realize something. I can get us all saved.

I jump up and cup my hands around my face, screaming as loud as I can.

"Over here! We need help now!" A police officer hears me and walks to the edge of the bridge, wondering where the noise came from. He sees Cameron and Y/n's still bodies laying next to me and runs back to where he was.

Sooner or later, the siren's blaring gets closer to me. I hold my breath and pray that Cameron will live.

That Y/n won't have anxiety from this.

She's definitely strong. It takes a lot of pressure in one moment for her to panic. Y/n was on an island for half a year, yet she stayed strong. She had Grayson.

Without him, she's been so anxious. Even more so lately than when she left in the first place. She needs him.

I've talked to Ethan a little bit. He says that Grayson's not doing well, either. He needs her.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were actually made for each other. I can't believe they had to be separated.

I want that kind of relationship with someone. The kind where you would take a bullet for them and die with a smile on your face knowing you saved them. That's what they have with each other.

If I got to know him better, that's what I was hoping I could have with someone like Cameron.

The ambulance arrives where we are and immediately takes Cameron and Y/n in. I sit in the back of it as we drive to the hospital.

The man working in the vehicle does a quick work up of me and tells me that I'm okay, just a little dehydrated. The water that I drink tastes almost too pure.

I stare at my two unconscious friends in front of me and feel lifeless. If I had the choice, Cameron would be the one alive and I would have been the one with no heartbeat. I would switch places with him in an instant so he could live.

Y/n will wake up, not knowing what's going on, and her anxiety will come back. How will I comfort her? How will I tell her it's all going to be okay if Cameron's not breathing?

We arrive at the hospital. Cameron is rushed in. Y/n is taken to a regular hospital room to wake up because she has a pulse. I'm taken to the waiting room to worry as time passes.

I can hear the room that Cameron's in.

Charge to 300... clear!

My heart sinks as his is shocked.

I can't focus. I can't hear anything coming from the room. I can't breathe.

Soon enough,

His heartbeat comes back.

──── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ────