PROLOGUE

"Hardships often prepare ordinary 

people for an extraordinary destiny." -C.S. Lewis

The air in the bunker was silent and still as the night carried on, the three occupants of the place were all sound asleep

The air in the bunker was silent and still as the night carried on, the three occupants of the place were all sound asleep. They were all exhausted after the long hunt they just finished, they took out a vampire nest in southern Oklahoma. 

A scream pierced the air, startling two of the three awake. They tore out of their bedrooms, and nearly running into each other, Dean's eyes widened once he realized the scream was coming from his daughter. Sam and Dean exchanged a quick look before they ran quickly in the direction of Dakota's room.

"Dakota! Baby, wake up!" Dean yelled as he reached Dakota's bed, he shook her shoulder as she screamed again. Her limbs thrashed around the bed as more screams tore through her throat. "Dakota! Wake up!" 

Dakota gasped awake, she sat up and clutched at her throat. Her wide green eyes met her family's as a look of realization dawned in them. She sighed heavily and carted a hand through her sweaty blonde hair. 

"I-I'm sorry, I'm okay I'm okay." She breathed heavily, her chest heaved as she tried to gain more oxygen. "It won't happen again, I'm sorry. Go back to sleep, I'm okay." 

"Baby, this...this is the fifth night in a row." Dean pointed out as he wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer and pressing a kiss to her sweaty forehead. She sighed again as she sheepishly glanced up at her father and uncle. "What's eating at you?" 

"It's...it's nothin', dad. Just a bad dream is all." She lied and dropped her gaze from them. 

"You know that we're here for you, Kota, okay?" Sam crouched down in front of them, he dropped a hand onto her knee and squeezed it gently. 

"I know, but it's nothing, Sammy. I'm fine." She insisted, she kept her gaze on her shaking hands rather than their faces. 

"C'mon, bug, you know you can tell us anything. We've been through how much together? We stay sane by talking." Sam said as he leaned closer so she had to look at him.