THIRTY-FOUR

"To live is the rarest thing in the world

Most people exist, that is all." -Oscar Wilde

<< Helpful Hand >>

"She's a shape-shifter!" Sam screams as he bursts through the door, his gun raised. Jack springs to his feet as Dakota and Dean slowly follow suit, sharing a look of confusion.

"No, no." Mia pleads, backing up with her hands raised up.

Dakota and Dean both pull out their guns, cocking them and taking aim. Dakota shifts over in front of Jack, both her and Dean flanking Sam.

"I found hair and...teeth." Sam explains, keeping his eyes on the therapist. "You must've shed your skin, what, couple hours ago?"

"And here, I just thought she was annoying." Dean muses, his gun not straying from Mia.

"Don't forget invasive." Dakota hisses angrily.

"What's going on?" Jack questions in confusion.

"Doc's a monster. She killed her patients." Dean clarifies the situation for the nephilim.

"No! No. No." Mia panics, backing away from the Winchesters.

Sam's brow raises, his expression angry, urging the shifter to explain. Mia takes a deep breath to calm herself.

"I am what you say, but I have never killed anyone." Mia says.

"Then what are you doing here?" Dakota presses, gesturing with her gun, bringing the doc's attention to the weapon for a second.

"I'm helping people." Mia defends, Dakota can't help the scoff that escapes her. "My patients. I shift into the person they've lost so that they could see them one last time, so that they can say goodbye."

"Well, Wes Bailey...Gloria Simon...they're both dead." Dean hisses.

"What?" Mia gasps, Dakota narrows her eyes.

"Gloria was killed by her son, or at least someone who looked like him." Dakota sneers, her lip twitches slightly in anger. 

"Three nights ago, Wes was killed by somebody who looked like his dead wife." Sam takes over.

"So you wanna tell us how you're innocent again?" Dean questions, Jack's eyes dart from the three hunters to Mia, completely confused by what's going on.

"Okay, I, um...I have an alibi for Wes. I volunteer at the women's shelter downtown. I was there that night. You can call them." Mia says, placing a hand on her hip. None of the Winchesters move. "I know you guys are hunters. But please, I am telling you the truth."

Dakota exchanges a glance with her uncle, she raises a brow at him in question. Sam moves his gaze over to Dean.

Sam jerks his head towards the door and Dean looks over to Dakota. The youngest Winchester nods her head once, agreeing with Sam.