TWENTY-FOUR

"I always felt like an outer-space alien

 I was always breaking the fourth wall." -RuPaul

<< Not Home >>

Dakota watched the rain drizzle on the window, thunder and lightning arguing in the sky. Dean typed away on his laptop, occasionally glancing over at his daughter. He reached over and poured the last of the Whiskey. 

"Where's Bobby?" Sam asked as he walked into the living room with a stack of books. 

"In town. Supply run." Dean answered as Dakota crawled into his lap with a hair-tie in her hands, he started to brush through her tangled locks with his fingers. He pulled her hair back into a ponytail before rubbing her shoulders. 

"In this?" Sam questioned, dumbfounded. 

"Man is a hero." Dean shrugged, smiling softly at Dakota when she looked back. "We are officially out of hunter's helper." He told Sam.

Lightning started to flicker wildly around the house, Dakota shrank back into her father's chest. 

"Hello, boys." Balthazar greeted from behind Sam, the three Winchesters whipped towards the voice in shock. Dean stood, holding Dakota tightly to his hip, he watched the angel with wide eyes. 

The angel strutted in to the living room like it was his home. 

"Seen The Godfather, right?" Balthazar asked them, Dakota watched him cautiously, she tugged on the end of her ponytail nervously. 

"Balthazar?" Dean slowly questioned, confusion plastered across his face. 

"When Michael Corleone sends his men to kill his enemies in one bloody swoop." Balthazar ranted, he placed a bowl on the desk and started rooting around the room. 

"Hey." Dean said loudly. Balthazar ignored him and Dakota tilted her head. 

"Dead Sea brine. Good, good, good." Balthazar mumbled to himself. He poured the Sea brine into the bowl. "Then Moe Greene gets hit in the eye. Don Cuneo gets it in the revolving door."

"I said, hey." Dean hissed, hiking Dakota up further on his hip.

"You did. Twice. Good for you." Balthazar praised sarcastically. He reached over and patted Dean's shoulder, causing the Winchester to step back and hold his daughter closer. 

"That's mean." Dakota told the angel. 

"Blood of lamb. Blood of lamb." Balthazar ignored the girl.

A second later he disappeared from their sight, Dakota made a surprised noise. 

"Beer, gold pizza, apple sauce, blood of lamb." Balthazar listed from the kitchen, Dean walked forward and handed Dakota to Sam, standing in front of the two almost protectively. "Yes. Blood of lamb." The angel grinned triumphantly.