SEVEN

"Sometimes it's the smallest decisions 

that can change your life forever." -Keri Russell

<< Sammy >>

Dakota paces in front of Cas, his eyes follow her movements in an almost bored fashion. She cards a hand through her hair and sighs. 

"It was a gunshot, Cas, I know it was." She tells him, he nods to her words but stays in the same spot, causing her to sigh again. "They could be in trouble." 

"We were told to stay here, so we're going to stay here." Cas scolds her, looking off at the house. 

A few moments later another gunshot is fired off, Dakota makes a stressed noise and looks at Cas.

"That's the second gunshot in two minutes, they could need help!" She insists.

"No, Dakota." Cas says, looking at her with soft blue eyes. She groans and continues her pacing before she nearly runs into someone.

"She's right, you know." The British man announces his presence to Cas, Dakota stumbles away as the angel pulls her behind him. He slips his angel blade out, prepared to defend himself and Dakota. "You wont be needing that, I'm here to help." He tells Castiel, placing his palms out towards them, surrendering.

"Who are you?" Dakota growls, pulling out her switchblade, she glares at the man in front of them. 

"The name's Mick, I'm here to help. I was sent to talk to Ms. Bevell." Mick says calmly, glancing between the Winchester and the angel. 

Castiel and Dakota exchange looks before allowing Mick to pass through, the two of them following after. Cas puts his angel blade away but Dakota holds her knife, the blade pushed in but her thumb poised over the button. 

"Well done." Mick tells the Winchesters in the basement, the three heads snap over at the voice. Dakota's eyes are locked onto Sam's, so many emotions flooding through her green eyes. 

Dean's face hardens at the man, Mary and Sam just stare at him in confusion. Dean unhooks Sam's chains and the three stand behind the chair he was in, Dakota takes a step forward but Castiel's hand encloses on her wrist gently, keeping her by his side. He doesn't trust Mick, he wants Dakota close so he can protect her. She grips onto his hand tightly as Mick begins to talk. 

"What you were told is basically true." He tells the three in front of him. Cas moves himself and Dakota off to the side so they can be in front of Mick. "We were keen on knowing about the three of you, seeing as you seem to be partially carrying on the Men of Letters' work here now that the American chapter is defunct." He looks over at Sam, Dean, and Dakota when saying 'the three of you'.

"So you sic your attack dog on us to what, say hi?" Dean sneers at him, jerking his head over at Toni. 

Mick presses his lips together and turns his head to the side. "Well, part of our group suspect some kind of malfeasance among you American hunters." Mary looks over at the matching look of confusion on Dean and Dakota's faces. "No argument--Lady Bevell went too far." Mick continues. Dakota scoffs at his statement, crossing her arms when Toni simply looks at the ground in embarrassment. "I deeply apologize."