TWENTY

"I've always had a duck personality

Calm above water, feet going crazy below."  -K. Flay

<< Words with Friends and Rock Bands >>

Dakota sits across from Dean as he plays Words with Friends with Mary, she chuckles at her dad's excitement as she props her feet up on the table. She does some math problems that Sam took from the internet, he has been a teacher to her over the years--seeing as actual school didn't turn out the best. 

"Ah." Dean breathes out a laugh, typing a quick message to Mary.

"Seriously?" Sam questions when he walks into the library, his laptop in his hands. 

Dakota inwardly sighs, she didn't want to work a case. She just wanted to spend time with Sam and Dean, not worrying about monsters or Lucifer.

"What?" Dean looks up in confusion, he glances at Dakota who stares intently at the book in her hands. He frowns at her, not liking the glum expression covering her face.

 Dean slides his phone over to her, gesturing towards it with a crooked smile. Dakota looks over at it, raising an eyebrow at her father. Dean simply winks at her and gestures to the phone again. Dakota scoffs out a laugh and picks up the phone, typing in various words to make matches, boosting Dean's points.

"So I've been trying to dig up info on the British Men of Letters, keeping an eye out for cases, and you two have been goofing off with a game that went out of style five years ago?" Sam sneers at them.

"I don't think mom's quite ready for Snapchat." Dean sasses back, Dakota laughs brightly at her dad's words. 

"You're playing against mom?" 

"Yeah." 

"Correction; he's winning against her." Dakota chimes in, grinning over at them. 

"That's my girl!" Dean cheers, reaching over and high-fiving Dakota.

"The same mom that didn't know what a cell phone was a month ago?" Sam presses, leaning forward to press his hands against the table. 

"Yeah." 

"Doesn't exactly seem like a fair fight." Sam informs them, giving Dakota a look. 

Dean's phone chimes loudly in Dakota's hand, she looks down at it, watching Mary's points boost up to 98.

"Oh, what the f-"

"Don't even think about finishing that sentence." Dean cuts her off, raising his eye brows with a stern face. Dakota sheepishly chuckles, sliding the phone back. Dean sighs as he reads it. "You were saying?" He shows Sam the phone.

"Huh!" Sam laughs, patting Dakota's shoulder, who slaps his hand away--sulking at her loss. "So how she been lately?" 

"She's good. You know, she--she's dealing." Dean shrugs at his brother. His phone starts ringing, stopping Dean from playing Mary back. "Hey, Cas."