THIRTY-NINE

"Sometimes, you have to get

angry to get things done." -Ang Lee

<< What's the Ketch? >>

Warning: there's a lot of swearing in this chapter

Daniela reluctantly agreed to be the bait for Ketch, which meant the Winchesters spent a good couple hours hiding outside the cabin. The witch sits a table, flipping through papers to act like she's unaware.

The floorboards creak quietly, causing both Daniela and Dakota to look up. Nobody thought that Ketch would be smart enough to use a different tactic, he decides to throw a grenade looking thing through the chimney.

The canister starts to spark and hiss viciously.

"Oh!" Daniela yelps in surprise as she starts gasping for air like she couldn't breathe. She chokes a couple more seconds before passing out.

Ketch kicks down the door and begins firing a machine gun around the cabin, hoping to get a Winchester. Dakota sneaks up behind him, Dean watching worriedly from behind a tree.

"Bitch." Dakota mutters before shooting a tranq dart at the British man.

Ketch grabs the dart that's sticking from his neck, before collapsing on the ground like Daniela. Sam comes around the corner, sliding past Dakota and rushing toward Daniela, coughing into his elbow.

"I got ya. I got ya. All right." Sam assures, helping Daniela off the floor.

Dakota and Dean stare at the umoving Ketch, Dakota nudges him with her shoe a couple of times.

"I think he's out, anybody got a stick?" She questions, not directing it toward anyone.

"You're not poking him with a stick." Sam hisses, Dakota shrugs in reply.

Dean crouches down next to him and tugs the respirator mask off. Dean's face pinches as he stares at Ketch, an almost sad look paints his face. Dakota places a hand on Dean's bicep, reminding him that she's there.

"I say we tie him up." Dakota announces, dropping her hand from Dean's arm and crosses her own over her chest.

<><><><>

Dean paces around the now conscious Ketch angrily, Dakota stands in front of the chair--a stick held in her hands. Sam sighs at his niece, shaking his head at her behavior.

"One more time. How are you not dead?" Dean spits out.

"One more time. Why should I be?" Ketch questions.

Ketch insists that he's not who they're looking for.

"Because we killed you." Sam states bluntly.