TWENTY-SIX

*Time skip to after Jack's born*

"You don't have to control your thoughts

You just have to stop letting them control you." -Dan Millman

<< Meeting Jack >>

Dakota follows Sam and Dean into the precinct, sighing heavily as Dean pulls out his gun. Her and Sam whisper the plan to each other, Dean rolling his eyes at their need to finalize everything. Dakota gets distracted once she feels a strong pull, urging her to go into the precinct, to find Jack. The Winchesters all hear the light bulbs shattering inside, Dakota exchanges a quick glance with Sam before moving.

"Dad." She says before pushing past him, latching onto his wrist and dragging him with her.

They spot Jack stumble into the lobby area, holding his head and groaning in pain.

"Hey!" Dean calls, Jack's gaze snaps to them and his eyes begin to glow yellow.

"He looks pissed." Dakota mumbles, gripping onto Dean's arm.

Dean pushes her behind him when Jack begins to stand up straight, glaring at the two Winchesters angrily. Before the Nephilim could do anything, Sam comes up behind him and tazes the boy. Jack falls to the ground, unconscious.

"Nice shot." Dean sighs, giving Sam a thumbs-up. Dakota shoots him a look before kneeling down next to the boy, she places a hand on his shoulder. "Don't touch it, Dakota!" Dean chastises, Dakota rolls her eyes in response. Sam crouches next to his niece, his eyes not moving away from Jack.

She's about to respond to him when a gun cocks behind them.

"Don't." The sheriff warns them, aiming her gun towards the three. "What the hell is going on here?" She questions, her gaze locked on the unconscious boy.

The three Winchesters stifle their sighs as they slowly raise their hands in surrender. The sheriff stands them in a line to search them, taking their guns and pocket knives from them.

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Dakota and Sam are shoved in the waiting cells with Jack, while Dean answers the sheriff's questions. Dakota leans her head on Sam's shoulder, sighing heavily and closing her eyes.

"I feel like we failed." She whispers quietly.

"What? We didn't fail, Kota, things just didn't go our way." Sam states.

"That's failing, Sammy." Dakota chuckles exasperatedly. "And we did. Our plan? It sucked, it got everybody killed. Kelly died, grandma's gone, and Cas...Cas is--"

"Dakota, we couldn't of known that the plan wasn't gonna work." Sam sighs, patting her knee. "We never do, we just always hope for the best."

"Yeah, but that's never worked out well for us." Dakota retorts, before taking a deep breath and glancing over at the unconscious Nephilim. "Cas believed in Jack, that he was good."