FOUR

"You saved my life

"You saved my life.

Why couldn't I save yours?" -Unknown

<< Flashback I >>

Dakota swung her fist towards the werewolf after he shoved Sam to the floor, her silver knife held tightly in her hand. She collapsed when the werewolf backhanded her, his claws grazed against her cheek. It wasn't deep enough to pierce the skin, luckily, but it still hurt. Dakota released a groan, Sam lifted up his gun but the werewolf kicked his ankle. Dean was too busy fighting his own werewolf to help his family. Dakota turned over on her stomach, she pushed against the ground with her hands and the werewolf sent a kick into her ribs.

The werewolf brought his foot down toward Sam's head, but the Winchester grabbed the werewolf's boot and threw him backwards. Sam rolled onto his feet and helped Dakota up while the werewolf was getting up, Dean was rammed against a cabinet, which shattered against his back.

Sam slammed his head against the werewolf, Dakota stood behind the monster and shoved it back towards her uncle, who sent a punch across his jaw. Sam held the werewolf's arms back and Dakota brought her knife down into the monster's chest, killing him. Sam threw the corpse to the side in disgust, Dakota spun around when Dean pushed his werewolf to the ground. The monster grabbed Sam's gun and aimed towards Sam, Dakota cried out and shoved her uncle as hard as she could.

The next thing the Winchesters heard was a loud shot, Dakota's eyes widened as she fell back from the force of the bullet. Pain exploded in the young girl's side, right above her hip, she cried out when she hit the ground.

Dean's expression turned panicked and angry when he watched his daughter fall, he gripped his knife and slammed it into the werewolf's back, where his heart was.

Dakota sat beside her dad in the library, her eyes scanned the page of the book in her hand

Dakota sat beside her dad in the library, her eyes scanned the page of the book in her hand. She could feel Sam's eyes as they darted back and forth between her and Dean.

"How's it going over there?" He finally asked after staring at the two. Dakota glanced up at her uncle but soon returned her gaze to the book.

Dean spared a glance at his brother. "Same." He muttered.