TWENTY-EIGHT

"Face your fears and doubts, and 

new worlds will open to you." -Robert Kiyosaki

<< Connection >>

They decided to do Sam's plan in the morning, both Winchester men were tired of Dakota's complaints about sleep. Dean was equally as crabby as his daughter. Dean and Dakota passed out on one of the beds, while Sam took the other one--leaving Jack to reread the Bible. He didn't sleep much, being half angel. 

Dakota bolts upright, a scream leaving her throat as she panics. Jack jumps in surprise at the sudden movement and noise, Dean shifts around before his eyes flutter up. He sits up when he notices his daughter's distraught expression, he places a hand on her shoulder and she jumps slightly. Her chest heaves as she tries to regain her breath, the nightmare hanging onto her mind vividly. 

"You okay?" Dean questions sleepily. His eyes half open and flutters every few seconds. 

"Yeah, yeah, I'm good. Go back to sleep, dad, I'm okay." She assures him, grabbing his hand on her shoulder and squeezing it. 

Jack watches the scene almost sadly, not upset by the father-daughter moment, but by the lingering fear in Dakota's eyes. 

"What happened?" Dean asks, not wanting to leave her to deal with this on her own. 

"Nothing, I'm okay, dad. Go to sleep." She repeats.

Dean watches her for a few moments before kissing her temple, flopping back and instantly falling asleep again. Dakota chuckles before climbing out of bed, padding over to the kitchen to make some coffee-obviously not being able to sleep any time soon. 

Dakota's aware of Jack's eyes following her, sending the boy a small smile before turning back to the coffee machine. 

Once the pot is full, she grabs a mug and pours herself a cup. She glances at Jack with an eyebrow raised, gesturing to the pot of coffee. He stares back in confusion before slowly shaking his head, she nods in response and walks over to the couch with her mug. 

She sits down beside him and sips her coffee, glancing at him every few seconds.

"Are you alright?" He asks quietly, not wanting to wake up the other Winchesters. 

"Yeah, just a bad dream." She tells him, glancing at the Bible in his hands. "Didn't you already read that?" 

"I didn't know what else to do." He explains, placing the book on the table. "Do you get them often?" 

Dakota's eyes dart to meet his, surprised by his question, but he only seemed concerned.

"Uh, with my line of work...bad dreams are a guarantee." She says lowly. "We see bad things everyday, it's hard not to take some stuff home."