THIRTY-SEVEN

"I love sad

"I love sad. Sadness makes you 

feel more than anything."  -Jeff Ament

<< The Hunt >>

Dakota hums to herself while Sam types away on his computer, glancing occasionally at Dakota. Dean comes in, impressively, carrying three mugs of coffee. He sets on down in front of the distract Dakota, she hasn't been the same since Jack left. 

The odd thing is, she wasn't sad at all. Instead she was more upbeat than ever, and that worried the boys more than if she was crying. 

"Anything?" Dean asks Sam, setting down the other mug in front of him. 

"No. Thanks." He replies, glancing at the mug but otherwise keeping his eyes on the computer. "Not yet. I put out an APB to every single hunter we know. But...Jack's off the grid."

Dakota chuckles to herself, humming louder to herself. 

"Kid was pretty spun out." Dean says, darting his eyes over to his daughter. "We'll find him. I mean, there's gotta be a sign at some point, right?" 

"Yeah." Sam sighs heavily, his eyes were tinted red around the corners. His sadness was more apparent than Dakota's was. 

"Don't worry, we'll find him." Dakota drawls, placing the book that was in front of her down. 

"Kota...are you alright?" Dean questions, furrowing his brow at her. 

"Of course, why wouldn't I be?" Dakota responds questioningly, cocking her head to the side. 

"Right." Dean hums with an sarcastic smile. "Kid can cause a tsunami with a hiccup." He returns to the conversation with Sam. 

"I don't know." Sam scratches the back of his neck. "Maybe he's covering his tracks."

Castiel sighs as he walks into the library, his expression stressed. His eyes dart over to the grinning Dakota. 

"Or this apparent dearth of evidence is, in fact, the evidence." Cas states.

"The evidence of...?" Sam trails off in confusion.

"Of some horrific misadventure that's befallen him, like being dragged down to Hell by Asmodeus. Or...I don't know, possibly worse,  being hijacked to Heaven by angels." 

"Yeah, but isn't he too fast and furious for angels?" Dean questions, eyes scan over Dakota. 

"Maybe. Maybe not. That's what I'm gonna find out." 

"Guys, he's fine. Wherever he is...he's figuring himself out. He needs time right now, not us." Dakota mumbles to herself. 

"Find out from who?" Sam asks, Dean stares at Dakota--trying to figure her out. "From--from the angels?"