FORTY

"I don't think about the end game

"I don't think about the end game. I've got lots to occupy  

my mind. It's the rage that keeps me going." -Terry Pratchett

<< That's the Ketch >>

Dean and Dakota were in the middle of a very intense staring contest when their FBI phone started ringing. Dakota grins as Dean blinks when he shifts his eyes over to the phone. He glances back at his daughter and furrows his brow when he sees her wide smile.

"You lost." She says in a sing-song voice, Dean rolls his eyes. "Now, answer the phone. Shoo shoo." 

"Watch it." Dean replies, pointing at her with his eyebrow raised. 

Dakota shrugs innocently as Dean answers the phone. 

"Hello?" He asks in faux politeness. "Yes, this is Agent Russell." 

Dakota and Sam exchange a glance. 

"I did give you my card, yeah." He confirms to whoever's on the other line. "Really? What kind of questions?" He grabs the notepad and starts to write down what the person is saying. "Okay, and when was this? What did he look like?" 

Dakota perks up and her eyes widen, her heartbeat picks up as she drags in a sharp breath. Hope filling her chest rapidly. 

"Yeah, no, we will check into it. Thank you very much." He hangs up the phone, Sam and Dakota's eyes dart over to meet before Sam blurts out his question. 

"What was that all about?" 

"Jack?" Dakota presses, leaning forward. 

"That was a manager at the Stampede Motel, place we stayed in Dodge city." Dean informs.

"Right." Sam agrees. 

"Guess his front desk clerk went missing right after some dude showed up asking questions about Jack." 

Dakota sighs, her hope deflating as she sinks back in her chair.

"You get a name?" Sam questions. 

"Nope. But...from his description?" Dean drawls. "Evil Colonel Sanders." 

Sam raises his eyebrows in confusion.

"Asmodeus." Dakota fills in. 

"Tracking Jack." Sam guesses. 

"Yeah, which means he's two steps behind him, which means we need to find him fast." Dakota rushes out, standing up just as fast. 

"I should say." Ketch's voice fills the library. 

Dakota and Dean stare at him with gaped expressions. Sam shifts in his seat awkward.