Chapter 30

"Connor?" You questioned. Something didn't sit right. He was...different. And there was no way he wouldn't be at Jericho right now. 

"Hello, Lieutenant. I've come to request your help. I need you to come with me." You remembered what Connor had said about there being more than one model of him. "I cannot die. If a model is destroyed, my memories are transferred into the next." Your eyes widened. Then, they narrowed. That's not Connor. 

"Oh, yeah, sure thing. Hang on. Just...let me get something first." You said. He nodded. 

"May I come in?" Play this cool, (Y/n). You nodded.

"Yeah. Come on in." You said, stepping aside. He went and sat down on the couch. You quickly went into the kitchen. Fuck, fuck, fuck! Come on, (Y/n) think! You can take him, right? You needed a plan and you needed a good one. You also needed to come up with it fast if you were going to pull this off. I've gotta get rid of this asshole. You soon got an idea. You prayed it would work. You silently grabbed a knife out of a drawer. "Hey, Connor!" 

"Yes, Lieutenant?"

"I forgot to grab a hair binder! Can you go into the bathroom and grab one for me? There should be one on the counter!" You called, tricking the android into turning it's back on you. 

"Of course." You heard it get up and you silently followed it. As soon as you were close enough, you went in for the attack. It spun around and grabbed your wrist. You shrieked.

"You are not a very good actor, Ms. (L/n)." You glared at the android, struggling.

"Let go of me, you damn imposter!" You yelled, kicking it hard in the chest. It let go and you dove for the knife you'd dropped. Unfortunately, you hadn't stunned it for long. Connor 2 grabbed you and tackled you. You shrieked. You saw him reach behind his back. Your heartbeat beat sped up as you realized it was armed. You punched it in the face and then power kicked it off of you. You began to run for the door, knowing you wouldn't win with a knife when the android had a gun. Suddenly, arms were wrapped tightly around you. You shrieked.

"I cannot allow you to alert anyone else." You'd never heard Connor's voice be so deadly. He's going to kill me! You felt your adrenaline take over. 

"You can't try your hardest, plastic prick! I don't go down easy!" You shouted, elbowing the android hard in the gut. It didn't recoil as much as you would've liked. 

"You can't hurt me so easily," It growled, clearly frustrated with your struggle.

"Still got a swift kick though!" You said, kicking one of its' legs out from under it. The android stumbled and you took your chance to break out of its' grip. The replica stood up quickly and pulled its' gun. You reacted fast, grabbing the arm with the gun. You both struggled, but the android was still stronger than you. It almost got its' arm free, but you weren't having it. You had no other ideas, so you hit clunked your heads together, hard. It stunned Connor 2 long enough for you to get the gun out of his grip. Still, the android was able to make you lose control of it and you tossed it across the room. It landed hard on the floor several feet away. While you watched the gun fly, the android was able to punch you hard in the gut. You cried out in pain and fell to your knees.

"I must admit you're more of a fight than I anticipated." You quickly pushed back the pain and spun your leg around, kicking both of its' legs out from under it. The android fell forward and you somersaulted out of the way. You were breathing hard by now, but there was no time to catch your breath. I can't beat this thing. I can't keep this up much longer. You had two options, keep fighting and try to take him down, or not take the risk and run. Running was also dangerous because it could get the gun and try to shoot you before you got too far. Fighting was also risky because he was stronger and more trained than you were. Whatever power above there is, give me some damn options! You yelled silently. 

The android was back up and you saw it go for the gun. You leaped at him, tackling the faker to the floor. You both took swings at each other. You took more hits. He was suddenly on top of you. You were pinned. You struggled to get him off. 

"Let...GO!!"

"It really is a shame. You had such potential. Unfortunate you let yourself rot here." You glared at him. 

"The only one...that's gonna be rotting...WILL BE YOU!" You screamed and kicked your legs up so hard that he actually got some air as he flew across the room and into the wall. The loud crash was almost enough to tell you that you had a few seconds to escape. You ran as fast as you could, flinging the front door open and bolting down the street. Not long after you heard gunshots behind you. You flinched, covering your head but continuing to run like the devil himself was on your tail. 

Once you had run a good solid mile away from your home, you stopped to take a quick breath. You knew that he was probably on your tail. If you knew anything about Connor model's you knew they were fast and determined. You knew you couldn't go to Hank's. That would be the first place they'd expect. You quickly thought of where you could go. You only had one other good option. I gotta get to Gavin's place. Deciding it was your best move, you began the long run to Gavin's house. I just hope plastic impressions isn't on my ass. You better be awake, Gavin, or else I'm gonna shove my heel up your ass.