Chapter 170

(When you realize that the funeral chapter was chapter 70...I DIDN'T PLAN THIS, I SWEAR-)

You were excited. Today was the day. You hadn't been to a wedding in years. You were a child when you'd gone, so you didn't remember much of it either. 

You remembered the ring Shane had given you. You hadn't thought about it in a long time. So much had happened, you'd never really thought to ask Connor about it. 

Once you were finished getting ready to go just to get ready again at the wedding's location, you headed out of your room. You decided to ask Connor about the ring. You wanted to know what he'd done with it. Had he done anything? Did he even remember the old thing?

Connor spotted you as you came out. He smiled. It seemed he was always the first to be ready. Then again, it made sense. He had less to get ready, after all.

"Hello, love. You look nice. I can't wait to see how you look in the dresses you all picked." You smiled, giggling slightly at the comment. 

"I hope you like them too." You replied. You paused for a moment before asking. "Hey, Connor?"

"Yes?" 

"Do you...remember my old ring?" You asked. He paused. He nodded cautiously.

"Yes...why?"

"What...what did you do with it after...the funeral." You asked. He looked away.

"Did you still want it after all?" He asked.

"What? No! I...I honestly hated the reminder. I just want to know." He looked at you again.

"I did what your note asked. I threw it into the river." You were stunned. 

"You found that note?" You asked. He nodded. You cupped his cheek.

"Oh, Connor, I'm so sorry. I guess...all I'm good at is hurting people." He looked stunned.

"What? No, no! (Y/n), I will never blame you for what happened! Besides...you're here now and...I wouldn't be if you hadn't done that. Not as myself, anyway. I hope I didn't make you feel like it was your fault." He explained. You smiled and kissed his other cheek.

"It's alright. I'm sorry for bringing it up, I just wanted to know. But now, I want to focus on moving forward. Moving forward with you and only you." You told him. He chuckled lightly.

"I think I can agree with that." You smiled, blushing as he kissed you. It was soft and sweet. You could feel his heart beating with yours as you held each other. He pulled back and smiled softly at you.

"I love you." 

"I love you too, Connor. Come on, we'd better get going." You led the way out to the car and hopped into the passenger side as Connor took the driver's seat. Connor drove you both to the location Marin and Adriana had booked. It was a nice place and it definitely had enough room for a lot of people. You were all pretty excited. I never thought I'd live through so many historic events. You chuckled to yourself.

You arrived after a few minutes and you followed Connor inside with a smile. You found the girls fairly quickly and they dragged you off to get ready while telling Connor where to go to find the rest of the guys. You didn't have much of a chance to say goodbye to him, but you both knew that it was probably for the best that you focus on what you needed to do rather than each other. After all, you both were wanted certain places and those wants couldn't be ignored.

Luna was the one helping you get ready. You liked Luna. She loved music and she was passionate about it, but she was calm and collected. She was also very smart and had a lot of good advice.