Chapter 80

Connor's POV

I woke up the next morning with a strange feeling. I couldn't figure out what it was. I knew grief was there, but I also had a feeling of...dread? I didn't have anything to dread. I remembered (Y/n) once telling me about a time when she had a feeling similar to what I was feeling.

*Flashback*

"Uhg...I...I swear something is wrong with me." I looked at her, confused.

"Wrong? What's wrong?" I asked.

"I just have this...gut feeling. Like...something is going to happen, but I have no fricken idea what it could possibly be. I...I had a weird dream last night. I can't remember most of it though. I..I don't know."

"What is a 'gut feeling'?" I asked.

"It's like your instincts. For example, I once had a gut feeling that somebody was a bad person. I could predict that they were bad. I guess another way to put it is a person's intuition. Their ability to sense if something is right or wrong or good or bad, I guess." She explained. I nodded.

"Do humans get these feelings often?"

"I suppose we do, but I guess a lot of the time we don't really think about it."

"How come?"

"I don't know. I guess it's just natural. It's in our blood, so to speak. I'm the wrong person to ask about this shit, Con."

"No, you're not. You have very valuable information and viewpoints." She chuckled.

"Thanks, Con. Glad you think so."

"Do you think it's possible for me to have a gut feeling?" I asked.

"Sure. Why not? You had a gut feeling about me, didn't you?" 

"It was more I knew that you acted differently than you did in the past."

"You didn't know. You had a strong suspicion or a gut feeling. So yeah, of course it's possible. Besides, if you're alive, you more than likely have the ability to have a gut feeling." I smiled at her.

"Thank you, (Y/n)." 

"Heh, anytime, Connor. Now, come on, let's play a game." I nodded.

"That sounds nice."

*End flashback*

The memory made my heart ache again. I missed her so much. I couldn't even think about her without it feeling like there was a knife in my chest. It was such a horrible feeling. It felt like there was a knife there, but it also felt like a weight was crushing it and it made it hard to breathe. 

Breathing for us androids wasn't for air, it was part of our cooling systems actually. It helped to make sure we didn't overheat. So, even if I could go much longer than any human without breathing, it was still...instinctual, I suppose.

As I thought about this, another memory came to mind. It was one that I had not paid much attention to until now. It seemed to have more meaning after all of this. 

*Flashback...again*

"Hey, Connor?"

"Yes, (Y/n)?" 

"How long do androids live?" I was surprised she was asking me this. I still answered her quickly as I always did when she asked questions like that. It was still kind of a part of me to do that whenever I'm asked questions. I didn't think I'd ever really shake that part of myself, not that I minded. It was nothing huge, after all.

"As android models have been updated, their energy life has changed. For me, I have a battery life of 300 years." Her eyes widened.

"Really...that much?" I was confused by the upset mentality she was displaying.