Chapter 131

(That's Symphony and Koen.)

Connor's POV

"You're a cyborg!?" I couldn't stop myself from blurting it out. She looked surprised, but then she studied me for a moment. She sighed.

"I guess you all came here for explanations?" The girl I now knew was Symphony asked. We nodded.

"We came to find out if any of you were connected to a man named Shane?" The entire family looked unsettled by that name. 

"Why don't you all come in and sit down?" Tiffiny, the mother, offered.

"Thank you, Ma'ma," Hank said as we followed all of them inside. We sat down in their living room as the twin daughters got Hank something to eat and to drink. He thanked the two of them and the two girls sat down on the loveseat they had. 

"Why are you all just coming here now?" Zadria asked.

"Shane was just recently killed in a fight with one of our police Lieutenants and we discovered he was the leader of a group bent on killing androids. With the laws in place, I'm sure all of you know what that means." They nodded.

"Now, care to explain why your daughter is part android?" Hank asked. 

"We're all part android. It's not just Symphony. Mom is the only one of us besides Dad that's still human. Even Koen is a hybrid." Aryan explained. They nodded.

"Shane was a friend of my husband. The two used to work together at a fast food place when they were teenagers. Shane moved away to get a better job and they stopped talking to each other. When he came back, he said that he'd been in some money trouble so we helped him get a cheap place here." Mrs. Nickle explained. 

"He hung out with Dad and kinda became like an uncle to us. Until Dad mentioned he'd worked with Cyberlife for a few years. He'd been one of the lead designers in the cities near here." Aryan explained. 

"At the time, Symphony and I had only been 16 and 18. She had been interested in me for years, but I realized I didn't want to move away to a college campus. I wanted to stay where I could be with her, so I'd asked her out." Koen added. 

"Shane became a little too cozy with Symphony, but none of us really thought about it until they both disappeared," Jazlyn explained. 

"Dad came to look for me and when he found out Shane was holding me against my will, he had no choice but to give in to Shane's demands." 

"He had my husband make a code that could program androids to do whatever he wanted. He already had all the information he needed to build what he wanted. He just needed the programming." 

"Of course, I found out about it and I tried to get Symphony out of there myself, but it went wrong...really wrong," Koen explained. 

"Koen and I don't remember much, but I still remember the pain and the screaming and there was just so much b-blood everywhere." Koen calmed Symphony down and I was already sympathizing with her. She's been through the same thing I have...only she didn't make it out as well as I did. 

"Dad fought Shane and he got away with the code," Zadria said. 

"He completely disappeared and left Steph and Koen fighting for their lives," Jazlyn added.

"He was able to get some of his friends at Cyberlife to help save us, but we both left with around 100 stitches each. It's a miracle we're still alive." Koen explained as Symphony nodded, still wrapped firmly in his arms. 

"We don't know what happened to him, but we all became cyborgs to support her. Tundra is actually an android wolf. She protects us." Aryan explained. "Though, she bonded the most with me."

"So, what happened after that?" I asked.

"We let Symphony go back to school, Koen went to an online college, and once both of them were done with their own online colleges, Koen and her got serious and after a year they got engaged. My husband just left this year." 

"Left? What do you mean left?" Hank asked.

"He's living in Detroit." We were all stunned by this. "He's running the main Cyberlife building there. He's the human they asked to help with it." Tiffiny explained.

"We thought that's why you were here at first, but I guess you guys just wanted to know more about Shane," Aryan said. 

"We came to see if Shane had anybody still working for him." Collin replied.

"We can't tell you that. This is all we know." Mrs. Nickle explained. Hank nodded.

"Thank you for your time." 

"Are you all going to go back to Detroit now?" Jazlyn asked.

"No, we're not due back for a few weeks. We should keep looking around and see if anybody else in this town knew about Shane." I told the two of them.

"Connor's correct. It could help us understand more of what happened." Collin agreed.

"If you're staying, would you all like to stay with us? It'll be better than some stuffy hotel." Mrs. Nickle offered. We all looked at each other. Maybe we could still learn more from them if we stayed here.

"Thank you, but-" I cut Hank off.

"We'd love to!" He looked at me, but he didn't question it right away.

"Well then, we'll get the spare rooms ready. Why don't you all come back at around six tonight?" I nodded, giving her a smile.

"That would work perfectly." We followed the mother of the family out and headed back to the car. 

"Why did you want to stay with them?" Hank asked.

"I was thinking that if you and Collin keep looking in town to see what you can find, I could stay behind with the family and see if I can learn anything else from them. Besides, I'm curious if Symphony knows more than what she's willing to say right now. The whole event seems to have shaken her substantially." I explained.

"Connor has a point. I agree with his proposed terms of action." Collin added. Hank sighed.

"Alright then, I guess we're packing our bags again. Besides, this place has more space for all of us and with you staying behind, you can walk Sumo when we're gone." I smiled at that.

"It would be my pleasure, Lieutenant." 

"I just hope we can actually find out something useful if there are more psychos out there." Hank sighed. Collin and I nodded in agreement. 

"I'm sure we'll be able to obtain all of the information we need, Anderson," Collin replied.

"I hope you're right, son." 

"Do you think we should notify (Y/n) and Detective Reed about the father of the family?" I asked.

"It would make sense, but I'd hold off for now. Maybe we can all go together once we get back. (Y/n)'s been through a lot lately and Gavin has too if I'm being honest. Maybe they deserve a little quiet for a bit."

"I suppose we could wait until we have more information to tell them." Collin offered.

"That sounds fair." I agreed.

"Whatever you two say."