Chapter 105

It'd only been two days since Collin and Connor had disappeared, but everyone was getting extremely anxious. Cass and Nate were doing everything they could to help, but there was still nothing else to find. At least, that's what everyone else thought. 

Ever since Connor had been taken, you'd been hacking into cameras all over the city to track it down. You'd found a few other cameras that had captured it driving there and back, but the trail was still hard to follow. There were a lot of cameras to search and it was difficult to hack into a single area of cameras let alone all of the cameras in the city and then tracking the route while you were at it. It was a very slow and exhausting progress, but you were still fueled to keep going just knowing you were actually making progress.

You worked feverishly on your computer that day. Hank had noticed this, but he hadn't said anything straight away. You'd been using a mapping site to pinpoint where the van had been seen and mark its route that way. You got to where you'd last seen the van on the cameras and your movements stopped as you were stuck again. This time, Hank spoke up.

"What are you doing? I swear I've never seen you work so fast." You looked at him, a little startled to be brought out of your focus. You were at a loss for words for a moment, but you then found your senses again and thought of something to say.

"I was just working on the case. I've been trying to piece it all together." You said. Hank sighed.

"(Y/n), you can't just push yourself like that and expect to find them. It doesn't work like that and you know it." You looked away, saying nothing. "I'm as worried as you, but we have to stay focused, not go crazy." 

"I'm not going crazy. I have a lead." You said.

"What?" 

"I've been tracking the van on the cameras at night. Every night I've gone to the last place it was seen on the cameras and I've scanned nearby areas for other sightings. Unfortunately, my program isn't meant to handle such a broad array of information at once. Connor and Collin could do it easily, but I'm still part human. I'm not as fast as they would be." You felt disappointed in yourself since you couldn't do this faster, but Hank looked interested and stunned.

"Wait, you've been tracking him!?" You looked over at him.

"Yes, but it isn't effective if-"

"(Y/n), if you've been tracking them, maybe we could get more androids to help search the cameras!" He said. You were surprised at this. 

"While no androids are as advanced as Collin and Connor, maybe it would help things move faster." You agreed.

"What do you have so far?" He asked. You transferred the image of your map over to Hank's screen." He stared at it for a moment, thinking hard. "Didn't you have another map of all the android attacks?" You nodded. You pulled that map up as well and showed it to him. 

"Is there any way we could use both of these to narrow down the options?" 

"I could correlate the direction of travel from the vehicle to nearby android attack locations to estimate a circular area of possible underground operation sights." Hank looked confused. "I could use the route of the van and see what android attacks were held close by to make a specific area judgment of where they might've taken Connor and Collin." 

"You, Connor, and Collin really need to work on speaking English and not science. You sighed and went back to work. You moved the maps and lined up different attack areas. There were very few around where the van was heading. Hank could see everything you were doing on his screen and he looked confused too. "Odd, why is there almost nothing around where their heading?" Something clicked when he said that.