Chapter 107

??? POV

I looked around, wondering where I was. It looked like a garden. There was something strange in the middle of it. I walked toward it cautiously. I had a bad feeling about this thing. It was a gaint...chamber? There was something against the glass wall in the front. It was some sort of touchpad. I reached for it, my fingertips grazing the top. It seemed to have some sort of...pulse to it. I touched it and a shock went through my entire body. I yanked my hand back and my back smashed into the wall of the chamber.

My skin was removed on my hand and instead of glowing blue like it should have, it had violent red dashes in it. I stared at it, shocked and confused. W-what's happening? I had no idea what to do. It traveled up my arm toward my heart. I felt a stabbing pain as it spread. M-make it stop! 

Then, I felt it travel up my neck, suffocating me. I could breathe and I began to panic. I couched over and over again, my chest throbbing as I grew desperate for air. A bit of blood came out and I was stunned when I saw it. It was pitch black, not red or blue!

Then, my vision started to glitch, black pixels mixed with red and blue covering my eyes. I struggled, trapped, desperate, and feeling my stress levels rising by the second. I slumped to the floor, my hands racing to my throat as I tried to do everything I could to breathe. H-help! I wanted to scream, but my strained coughs and hacks were the only noises I could make. Tears rushed out of my eyes, my vision completely covered now. H-help me!

WARNING: Stress levels rising! - Current Status: 89%

The pain was becoming unbearable and I was passing out from lack of air. Then, I felt a stabbing pain in my head, taking over everything. I could only focus on the pain. There was nothing but agony. I finally screamed as loud as I could before my systems were forced to shut down.

??? POV

I heard a scream not far away. I felt my heart race faster. I knew that voice. I ran toward it, not thinking about what danger I could be throwing myself into. I looked around. Silence was the only thing that greeted me. I was terrified. What happened!? Why was there only one!?

I tried to calm myself by taking a few deep breaths, but my heart wouldn't stop pounding. I was so scared. What if they'd hurt her? What if they'd killed her!? Was I already too late? They're coming for us. They're coming for us! I shut my eyes and gripped my hair. Get a hold of yourself! This isn't the time to panic! You just need to get moving! I kept going, hoping that my determination would get me through.

I soon arrived at a place I knew very well. It was the garden. I hated this place. I hated everything about it. Normally, I wouldn't mind the beauty of a garden. I loved looking at it all, but this place wasn't beautiful. It was only a cruel reminder of everything I'd done, of how stupid I'd been. I might not have actually done many things wrong, but it still made my skin crawl.

I looked around, hoping that I wouldn't find anything here. I didn't want to know if anything was here, but I knew I had to. If she was here, I'd find her.

I soon noticed something in the center of the garden that hadn't been there before. I walked over to it and examined it. It was a chamber of sorts, but it was powered off. I had a bad feeling about going to investigate it any further. I got away from it and kept looking. I didn't dare call out. I didn't want anybody to know I was here. 

Soon, I found the emergency exit. I remembered the last time I had to use it. I shivered slightly, forcing the memory away. I touched it, but instead of the normal interaction I felt with it, I felt pain all the way up my arm. I quickly pulled my hand back, stunned by what just happened. Then, my head started to hurt. I groaned, trying to focus, but I couldn't think of anything but the pain spreading through my body. Then, my systems blacked out and I collapsed.