Chapter 111

Things were quiet. You could hear some birds outside and you could feel the warmth of the sun's rays coming in through a window. It was peaceful. Your body felt a bit sore, but you could also feel some warm soft sheets beneath you. You opened your eyes soon enough. You flinched a bit since the sunlight hurt for a moment, but once your eyes adjusted you were able to look around. You were surprised to see that you were back home. You sat up slowly, wondering what happened. 

You swung your legs over the side and you gripped your nightstand as you shakily stood up. You took a moment to balance yourself before walking slowly over to your mirror. You were stunned when you saw your appearance. Until now, you'd paid no attention to the badages wrapped around you. 

There was some around your thigh and there was a bunch all up and down your abdomen. There was also a few patches scattered here and there. There was a small one on your cheek, one on your arm, and one on your shoulder. 

There was also a thick bandaid across your nose. You carefully peeled it off, flinching as it pulled on your skin. Soon enough, it was off. You were stunned to see a scar across your nose. You thought of Gavin. He had one just like it. You'd never actually asked about how he'd gotten his scar, but you had always assumed it was just a stupid accident. 

You pushed it aside, deciding it wasn't worth dwelling on at the moment. Instead, you thought about what had happened for you to get so many bandages. As you thought about this, you blushed as you then realized you were only wearing your underwear and a bra. You quickly went to put on some shorts and a crop top. The bandages were warm, so you didn't need much. 

You suddenly heard something outside You headed out to see what was going on. You walked down the hallway, following the noise to the kitchen. You walked into the kitchen and you froze. You saw Connor there, blending something. He looked over and stopped. You both smiled instantly.

"Connor!" You exclaimed, jumping into his arms since you couldn't really run or you'd fall. He caught you and held you close to his chest.

"(Y/n)! Thank God you're alright! You have to stop scaring me like that!" You pulled back slightly.

"What?" You asked. He frowned.

"Don't you remember what happened?" You shook your head.

"It's...all so fuzzy." You explained.

"You and the others rescued Collin and I from Shane and Tiya. There was a fire and you risked your life to save Gavin when the exit collapsed." Your eyes widened as you remembered the fire and Shane. 

"Shane..." You said. "I...did I actually do that?" You asked. He nodded.

"There was nothing left of the facility, but I was able to show them what happened through my connections. Everyone at the department agreed it was self-defense. Besides, you rescued us and they killed a lot of people. He would've spent his life in prison anyway." You nodded.

"I...I still don't really know what took over me."

"Elijah said he programmed advanced fighting maneuvers into your system. It's like a new instinct." You were surprised, but you nodded, taking in all of the information slowly.

"Is...is Gavin alright?" You asked, now worried about him as you remembered him being unconscious when you'd saved him.

"He hasn't woken up yet, having suffered some trauma to his head, but he only suffered minor injuries. He should be fine in a day or two if it truly isn't serious. A week at most is what the doctors said." You nodded.

"That's good. I'm glad he's alright." 

"You suffered more injuries than he did, but your android half allows you to heal better and faster. Unfortunately, the cuts on your abdomen and your thigh won't heal completely. You'll have scars there forever." You gave him a sweet smile.