Chapter 97

Collin's POV

When I woke up and Gavin was there, something inside of me had changed. I didn't know if it was good or not. I just knew that...I was getting so close to him. He trusted me, he cared for me, he was scared of losing me. 

I didn't know what to do. I hadn't really meant to get in so deep, but I just...did. It was nice to have the others there for me as well. Just having those people there was...different. It was nice. I...I liked it. 

I knew it was wrong to like it. I was supposed to be strong and cunning not...emotional. It wasn't who I was. It wasn't who I was supposed to be. But isn't that the point? Choosing who you are? I pushed that thought away fast. I wasn't supposed to do that. I had a job to do. But what's more important? Your mission or the ones that care about you? I didn't know what I was doing anymore. I was beside Gavin in his room. He'd been getting his things so we could go back to his house. I had already gotten the cats ready and I had nothing to bring back aside from my jacket.

"Hey, you okay, Collin?" I looked at him, slightly surprised as his voice broke my thoughts.

"Yes, of course. I would like to go speak to the others quick though. If that is alright, that is." He nodded.

"Yeah, sure. I got a lot of stuff to get anyway since we've been here for a little while now. Go do what you need to." I nodded to him and left the room. As soon as I was outside, I hurried out back. I sat down on the bench out in Kamski's garden. Yes, he had a garden for himself. Why? I did not know, nor did I really question it. I held my coat in my hands. The jacket that marked who I was. I scanned it. I didn't know why I was scanning it, I just...wanted to.

Item: Android Uniform

Model: RK900

Owner: Myself

Purpose: To mark that I am a stationed android built to...serve humans.

As I looked at it, I had that same weird thing in my system again. I didn't know what it was. I wanted to get rid of it, but I didn't know how. I didn't understand. I didn't understand any of it. Gavin cared for me, Connor trusted me, Hank was concerned about me when I got damaged, (Y/n) was relieved when I woke up. They all showed compassion toward me. It was an act I was unfamiliar with. 

I remembered when I had saved Gavin. I didn't know why, but I just couldn't let them kill him. Even when I knew the bomb wouldn't have officially killed me, I couldn't just let it happen. I wasn't afraid of dying. I was scared of Gavin getting hurt. What's happening to me? I didn't know. 

Mission: .......

I knew what I was supposed to do, but for some reason, it didn't seem plausible. I shook it off. I had a mission. I had a job to do. I needed to do it, no matter what. I stood up and took my jacket with me as I headed back inside. I have to stay with Gavin. This is right. This is what I'm SUPPOSED to do. If I do this...everything will fall into place. I would inside, my mind made up. There is no more turning back.

Your POV

Everyone was heading home. You went to find Connor. He was in your room, gathering your things. You walked over and began to help him. He looked at you in surprise.

"Oh, (Y/n). I didn't hear you come in. You don't have to help, I have everything under con-"

"Connor," He stopped. You gave him a small smile. "I want to help." He smiled back.

"Okay." You both worked together and soon enough you all had everything ready to go. You both began to head out. You thanked Kamski for his help and he told both of you to be more careful from now on. Connor told him that you both would try and then you headed out to the car. You packed all of your things into the trunk.

"Hold on, I think we should tell the others goodbye," Connor said.

"I can agree with that." You replied. You went back inside and Connor went to find Hank while you went to find your family. You found them out on the balcony. They were just chatting and laughing together. You walked over to them and they turned as they heard you coming.

"(Y/n)!" They said together with smiles on their faces. You smiled a little at them.

"I'm going back home with Connor. I wanted to say goodbye." They both smiled wider.

"Great! Thanks for coming to say goodbye, but we'll see you around now!" Nate said, hugging you.

"It'll be nice to go home. Trust me, I know the feeling. We'll see you again soon. Promise." Cass said, putting a hand on your head and ruffling your hair ever so slightly.

"Thank you. Just don't let anything take you again."

"We won't. You know Markus has already stepped up our protection at New Jericho." Nate said. You nodded.

"Yes, I was aware of that. I will see you both soon."

"See ya, sis!"

"Bye, (Y/n)." The two said and you gave them one last smile before heading off. You bumped into Gavin on the way back to find Connor. 

"Oh, hey, (Y/n). Say, have you seen Collin? He kinda walked off and I don't know where he went."

"I haven't seen him, but Connor and I are heading back to our house." 

"Oh, Collin and I are going too. I guess...I'll see you and Connor at work then?"

"Yeah, um, see you then." You replied. You both stood there for a moment. Gavin suddenly put a hand on your shoulder. 

"I know I never said it, but it was because I...I didn't see you before. What I want to tell you is...I...I really am so glad that you're alive." You were stunned.

"You...are?"

"Well, yeah! I mean, you were my best friend! You were...my only friend. I was so shocked when you...left. I didn't understand why it was happening. I was just so angry. I hated Connor for letting it happen, but then I realized it was never his fault and he would put himself in front of the bullet in a heartbeat if it meant you would never have had to go through this. That left me alone and lost. I had lost the only thing I had again. It was the thing we could always relate to each other with. I know I hardly said it before, and I'm probably not going to ever get better at this shit, but...you're family to me. You're...the only family I have left." You smiled. You hugged him.

"I might not be physically related to you, Gavin, but I always knew how you truly saw me. I know I can't have it mean much right now, but...when the real me is restored, you can always come to me. I will always be your sister." He smiled a little and hugged back.

"Thanks, (Y/n)." You both broke apart, still holding your signature tiny smiles on your faces.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." He nodded.

"Yeah. Later, (Y/n)." He said and began to walk off.

"Goodbye, Detective." You said quietly before continuing on with your search for Connor.