First Regeneration (Part 3)

New character Bee. She has so much backstory to get through, so can't wait to explain it all. Enjoy this new chapter.

"I lost her."

Her eyes brim with tears as she takes another deep breath, "I lost her, and she was so young. It was all my fault."

He looks at her, solemnly and places one hand on either side of her face, cupping it. Tears pour down her face as she looks at him.

"She was so brave. Left me notes, leading here. I swore to protect her. Marla..." she faltered.

The doctor wipes her tears away and kisses her forehead, "Marla what?" 

"Marla forgot her. They took both of them, I got Marla out, but they brainwashed her of certain memories. Childhood memories. That's why she's so forgetful and clumsy. Marla forgot Bee."

"Who was Bee to Marla?"

"A sister," her voice wavered on that last word.

He nods and pulls her into a tight hug, whispering in her ear, "We will find them, I promise."

She nods and hugs him back, pulling away after a few seconds. She wipes away her tears and coughs, "No time to waste, then. Let's go find them."

"Only if you promise me one thing. Don't keep things to yourself. They break you from the inside. I've seen how it can make people crazy. Don't do it ok?"

"I won't" she promises.

He looks at her and gives a comforting smile, before grabbing her hand. The same warmth went through their bodies, but neither of them pulled away. They run off through the open door, in which they came in, only stoping to close it behind them.

"Thank you," The sorceress broke the silence.

The doctor squeezes her hand in reply. She smiles thankfully in return.

"Third floor, room 2," she continues reading the piece of paper the doctor handed her.

He nods and smiles a little before saying, "I see an elevator."

The sorceress laughs at his childlike antics and follows him, still holding hands. The doctor walks over to the elevator and presses a button. The doors open and they step inside. The doors close behind them before they realise that the elevator wasn't empty.

"Oh no," the sorceress whispers to the doctor, moving back against the wall.

The dalek in the elevator slowly turns around, assessing the two timelord who got in with him.

Sources conclude that you are the doctor and his companion.

"Companion!" The sorceress says indignantly, " I'm no companion."

Then who are you?

"I am..." The sorceress begins before the doctor slaps a hand over her mouth.

"Definitely a companion. Just doesn't like being insuperoir to me," he says patting her on the head with his free hand.

She stares at him, arms crossed.

"Sorry?" He tries before the dalek interrupts him.

Doesn't matter. You are the doctor and you will be Exterminated.

"Not likely," the doctor says as the doors open, "Farewell."

The doctor and the sorceress walk backwards out of the elevator as the Dalek begins to fire. The doors shut just in time and they hear a faint bang from inside the elevator.