Amy's Choice (part 4)

I think I'm gonna do less of an author's note this time, cause I'm excited to keep writing. Sorry if you enjoy these.

Note: I'm looking for some great doctor who fan fics to read, please submit yours if you have done one. I would love to read this. Even if I posted this chapter out years ago, I would still love to read them, because I will never stop being a whovian (I changed all my contacts to doctor who names)

"Maybe you need a little sleep," The dream lord smirks.

The birdsong goes louder, and the doctor slumps to the floor. The sorceress closes her eyes, trying to keep herself away, but she feels herself drifting off.

The dream lord leans over the counter to look at them, "Oh, wait a moment," the birdsong ceases and the doctor stands up, "If you fall asleep here, several dozen angry pensioners will destroy you with their horrible eye things," The doctor places his fingers in his ears to stop the birdsong from coming back, "Fingers in the ear? Brilliant!" The birdsong comes again, and the doctor slides down the wall again, "What's next, shouting boo? Come in. Come in. Yes, we've got lots at "steak" here this week. Lots at steak. Get it?" The doctor tries again, and grabs onto the sorceress by her hoodie, and opens the door wide.

He pulls her inside the freezer, just as the dream lord says, "Are these jokes wasted on you?"

Relaxing he closes the freezer, and falls victim to the bird song and oncoming sleep.

They three of them wake up to find themselves back in the TARDIS, the fourth member of the group still asleep, looking colder than the rest of them.

The doctor looks over to her with worry, "Her body's not generating enough heat. Soon she'll die because of it. We have to do something."

"There's nothing we can do doctor... but, it's colder," Amy says as she pulls the blanket closer around her.

"The three of us have to agree, now, which is the dream," The doctor says and buttons up his jacket.

"It's this, here," Rory says with confidence.

"he could be right," Amy agrees, "The science is all wrong here, burning ice?"

"No, no, no," The doctor argues, "Ice can burn, sofas can read, it's a big universe. We have to agree which battle to lose. All of us, now."

"Ok, which world do you think is real?" Amy asks him.

"This one," The doctor answers instantly.

"No, the other one!" Rory argues, trying to win Amy's favor.

"Yeah, but are we disagreeing, or competing?" The doctor asks, remembering the conversation from earlier.

Confused, Amy asks, "Competing over what?"

Both the boys stare at her for a few seconds, making her groan and walk away. 

Checking his watch the doctor warns them, "Nine minutes till impact."

From her new position, away from the boys, Amy asks the doctor, "What temperature is it?"

"Outside? Brrrr. How many noughts have you got? Inside? I don't know but I can't feel my feet and... other parts."

Trying to outdo the doctor, Rory competes, by saying, "I think all my parts are basically fine."

"Stop Competing!" the doctor yells.

"Can't we call for help?" Rory asks, and holds out his phone from his pocket.

The doctor takes his phone and looks at it, "Yeah, the universe is really small - bound to be someone nearby!"