Amy's Choice (Part 3)

This is getting quite long now. And also, I've been running out of things to say ._. My Author's notes are getting quite long. Please, those of you whom actually read these, can you please tell me if you would rather Author's notes at the end, so it's easier to skip past them and not read them. I know you guys, because I do that too. But there are a portion of you, as small as it may be, That does enjoy the author rambling on about absolutely nothing. And if you are a person who like rambling, you've come to the right place, because that is basically all I do........ As you can tell.

I've been getting quite a few reads, which is good. I think there are about 25 people reading this story, which includes me from when I have to read it to click on it an edit, or straight after I publish it. That's a pretty good amount. We've got a while to go before we reach 1k reads, about 300 more. So we're about three quarters on the way.

ONWARDS WITH THE STORY

"I want the old life. You know, where we're happy and settles and about to have a baby," Rory complains to the doctor.

"But don't you wonder, if that life is real, then why would we give up all this? Why would anyone?" Amy ponders.

"Because we're going to freeze to death?" Rory puts forward an answer.

Staying positive, Amy throws a blanket at Rory, as she says, "The doctor'll fix it."

"Ok. Because we're going to get married?" He says, and playfully wraps Amy in the blanket she gave him.

She giggles as she says, "But we can still get married. Some day."

"You don't want to any more? I thought you'd chosen me, not him," Rory argues back, disheartened.

"You are always so insecure," Amy fends off his argument.

"You ran off with another man," Rory argues back, not letting his emotions show.

"Not in that way," Amy tries to assure him.

"It was the night before our wedding," Rory replies.

"We're in a time machine," Amy bites back, "It's the night before our wedding for as long as we want."

Rory says one last thing to her, "We have to grow up eventually."

Feeling hurt Amy replies to Rory's comment, "Says who?"

She picks up some other blankets and goes back to the console, where the doctor tinkers with a device he made. He gives it Rory and smiles.

"Ah, Rory, wind," He instructs and then gave the wire that was attached to Amelia, "Amy, could you attach this to the monitor, please."

She takes the wire and goes over to the console.

Rory complains, as he picks up the thing left for him, "I was promised amazing worlds. Instead I get duff central heating and a weird, kitchen wind-up device."

"It's a generator," the doctor complains, "Get winding."

Amy calls from the console, "It's not enough."

"Rory, wind," The doctor commands.

Rory winds harder as he talks, "You. Why is the dream Lord picking on you? Why us?"

The monitor beeps to life, after Rory's sentence, drawing the doctor's attention away from him. Looking to the screen, The doctor gasps when he sees the forbidding presence of a cold star.

"Where are we?" Amy asks, looking over the doctor's shoulder.

"We're in trouble," he answers.

"What is that?" Rory asks.