Flesh and Stone (Part 1)

Wow, that was a good one. I really enjoyed writing the part with the doctor and the sorceress. I wan't planning to do that, but I have a great, evil idea at the end of Flesh and Stone, with Amy and the doctor.

You'll have to wait and see..... Anyway... on with the story. 

"Up look up."

They all stare around them, a bit dazed. The sorceress blinks a couple of times as she gets used to the new surroundings. The doctor holds out his hand to help her up.

"You ok?" he asks her.

"Yeah, I knew this was gonna happen, and it still confuses me," she answers.

He smiles at her and wraps an arm around her comfortingly. They look over to see Amy and River talking. Amy looks up, confused and gasps.

"Move your feet," the doctor tells her and comes over to them.

She moves her feet off the thing in the floor, and the sorceress pulls out her pink sonic and buzzes it.

"Doctor, what am I looking at? Explain," Amy instructs him.

"Oh, come on Amelia, think," the sorceress tells her.

"The ship crashed with the power still on, yeah?" The doctor adds, "So what else is still on?"

Amy thinks for a moment, as the sorceress continues talking, "The artificial gravity. One good jump, and up we fell. Shot out the grav-globe to give us an updraft, and here we are!"

She points the sonic back at the circle.

Octavian looks up as he says, "Doctor. The statues, they look more like Angels now."

"They're feeding on the radiation from the wreckage, draining all the power from the ship, restoring themselves. Within an hour, they'll be an army," The doctor replies, as he tries to hurry the sorceress.

She glares at him as the circle opens up into the inside of the ship, just as the lights begin to go out.

"They're taking out the lights," the doctor points out, "Look at them, look at the angels. Into the ship, now, quickly all of you!"

The doctor jumps into the hole, and the sorceress jumps in after him.

"How?" Amy asks as she peers over the edge, to see the two timelords standing upright.

"It's just a corridor," the sorceress smiles, "The gravity orientates to the floor. Now, in here, all of you. Don't take your eyes off the Angels. Move, move, move!"

She buzzes her sonic again at the keypad.

Octavian calls out to his men, "Ok, men, go, go, go! The Angels, presumably they can jump up too?"

Everyone crowds into the corridor and the door closes behind them.

"They're here. Now. In the dark, we're finished. Run!" The doctor tells them.

They run through the corridor, and again a large door closes behind the, blocking off their entry.

"This whole place is a death trap," Octavian whispers.

"Nah, it's a time bomb," The sorceress jokes.

"Well. it's a death trap and a time bomb. And now it's a dead end. Nobody panic," The doctor corrects.

They hear sounds as the Angels attempt to come through the door. The sorceress' hand finds the doctor's and she grasps it firmly.

He looks over to her and smiles, "Not just me, great. What's through here?"