Snakes and Willow trees (Part 2)

As they got closer and closer to the building, it became more and more obvious to the sorceress that there was something wrong. She had been to Æes once before, before she had met Marla and Bee. It was one of her favourite planets she had ever been too, so there was no doubt about her mentioning it as a place for all of them to visit. The Saxills were a very spiritual species, always reading and prophesizing. As they had seen before, they were often found speaking in groups. They had discovered the art of telepathy long before these times, and had mastered it's practice.

"The younger saxills educate over there," the sorceress explains, becoming a tour guide and pointing to a more modern looking building to the left of the main one, "From the ages of 5 to 1200, the Saxills are expected to learn and master the studies of many ancient practices taught by the elders. Below the age of 5 they are too young to do so, and are looked after, there."

She points up to the right, where a small chamber lay which housed hundreds of young Saxills. 

The doctor nodded his head in agreement, "Oh! It's quite interesting actually. Because the saxills never meet their parents. They're all just shoved into one place when they're born to learn manners and respect, and the sort. I think it would be fun!"

The sorceress laughs, "Oh doctor, you would never be able to learn manners."

The doctor pouts, crosses his arms and turns away from her. The sorceress laughs again.

"See what I mean, girls. So immature! I don't know how his TARDIS still puts up with all his childishness."

Marla smiled evilly, "his TARDIS likes you so much better, sorceress."

The sorceress playfully winks at her, ignoring the stuttering complaints of the doctor.

"My TARDIS loves me!" his voice getting higher pitched the more annoyed he got.

"Sure, sure," The sorceress replied nonchalantly. 

The four of them stood in front of the doors, hesitant open entering. The place seemed so dark and eerie to what it once was, and it gave the two sisters and old feeling they never wanted to feel again.

"Are you sure about this, doctor?" Bee asked.

Bee was the more nervous one of the two. She was older, and held more seriousness, but she was also quick to fear new things.

"It'll be fine. Besides, you've got me," he smiled, and the frowned, continuing reluctantly, "And.... her..."

The sorceress grinned, placed one hand on the two large wooden doors, and pushed them open, revealing the large grand entrance. They all stepped in, The two timelords walking first. Their shoes echoed loudly on the marbled floors, Bee wincing with every step. It was oddly silent... too silent. 

A loud bang made Bee almost jump out of her skin, as a statue came plummeting to the ground in front of them. It cracked upon the surface, covering the floor with white dust and fragments of a face. 

"People have got to be more careful around here," the doctor murmured, kicking one of the pieces, as he examined the broken statue.

The sorceress looked up, spotting the line of statues hanging from the balcony, a gap where the previous one had just fallen from.

She nodded to the others, "The doors probably hadn't be opened recently. It probably caused the statue to fall. Not to worry. Perhaps the Saxills have a separate door they enter from. 

They all proceed walking down the large entrance hall, Bee jumping at every small sound she heard. 

The statue falling was niggling at the back of the sorceress mind. She had lied when she said the doors must not have been opened recently. She stole a glance in the doctor’s direction. She knew he knew that she had lied. She didn’t want to scare Bee even more.