Vampires in Venice (Part 2)

Sorry about the wait for chapters. almost at 500 reads, so yay. And we recently reached 50 votes so well done to me! This book went way better than I expected it to. I never expected it to be this good, I really only expected me to read it, but aparently not. Anyways, enjoy....

Amy, The doctor, The sorceress and Rory crowded around Guido's small house.

"As you saw, there's no clear way in," Guido reminds, looking at each of them in turn, "The house of Calvierri is like a fortress. But there's a tunnel underneath it, with a ladder and a shaft that leads up into the house. I tried to get in once myself, but I hit a trapdoor."

Amy smiles at the sorceress and they nod at each other.

"You need someone on the inside," they say together.

"No," the doctor bluntly says.

"You don't even know what we were going to say," Amy complains.

"Amelia, I'm pretty sure he does," The sorceress confers.

"We pretend that you two are applicants for the school to get you inside and tonight you come down and open the trapdoor to let us in," The doctor explains, and look seriously at them both.

"You were right, sorceress," Amy sighs, "He does know what we were gonna say."

The sorceress smirks.

"Are you insane?" Rory complains, catching on to their idea.

"We don't have another option," Amy argues.

"He said no, Amy. Listen to him," Rory bites back.

"He always says no, Rory. He's like an overprotective older brother you never had," The sorceress smiles and taps Rory on the head.

"Overprotective!?!" The doctor stares at the small girl.

"Don't worry your pretty little head about it, doctor," she teases.

"Pretty?!!" He gasps again.

"Oh, now you're gonna spend the rest of the day trying to figure out what I meant, and possible outcomes of every thing you could say, and whether it's worth making me angry. And then you'll get angry at yourself when you come up with most excellent comeback and it's too late to say anything...." The sorceress explains, and then looks up to see everyone staring at her, "Or is that just me...."

"Right.." the doctor coughs.

"There is another option," Guido picks up on the old conversation, "I work at the Arsenale. We build the warships for the navy."

The doctor smiles and walks over to the barrels lined up against the wall. The sorceress follows him and sniffs the wood.

"Gunpowder," she smiles, "Most people just nick stationery from where they work."

A startled Rory slowly slides off his sitting position on one of the barrels, backing away, until he comes face to face with a dead rabbit.

The sorceress snickers at the guy, "Look, I have a thing about guns and huge quantities of explosives."

"So do I!" The doctor grins.

"Not something to be proud of, though," The sorceress smiles.

"What do you suggest, then?" Guido asks, "We wait until they turn her into an animal?"

He turn away from the group and pokes the fire with a stick, slightly angry.

"We'll be three, four hours tops," Amy tries to plead.