Hungry Earth (Part 1)

Ok, Next chapter is Hungry Earth. I think I'll make sure the sorceress is awake, so that we can get to know her more, and her personality. Umm, hope you enjoy this chapter, and the chapter before, when the doctor and the sorceress become best friends. Only one more step before they start loving each other, but I don't know whether the doctor'll want to become more than friends, as he would be scared to lose the great friendship they had, if something happens.

Amy stares at the two timelords, as they arguing about who's going to drive the TARDIS. Eventually, the sorceress throws her hands up, and let's the doctor do it.

"If we end up where we aren't supposed to, let your companion know that you were driving and stuffed up," The sorceress warns him.

She wanders over to Amy, who gives her an encouraging smile.

"Sorry, Amelia, I don't think you're going to get to Rio."

The doctor upon hearing this, yells across the console, to the two girls, "I'll have you know, that I'm not a bad driver."

The sorceress snickers at his words, and rolls her eyes. The TARDIS jerks a little as the doctor drives her, and she lands with a thud. In excitement, Amelia rushes to the doors, and throws them open, only to reveal a large graveyard, the cold biting at her skin.

"Behold..." The doctor says grandly, as he joins her at the entrance, "Rio!"

The sorceress pushes past them, and steps out into the cold wind, "This is not Rio, doctor."

He looks at her and sighs, "I thought I was..."

The sorceress cuts him off, "What? Good at driving. Well there's overconfidence."

The doctor, Amy and Rory join the sorceress outside.

"Nuh-uh," Amy complains.

"Not really getting the sunshine carnival vibe," Rory agrees with Amy.

"No," The doctor says slowly as he walks forward, "Ooh, feel that, though, what's that?"

He starts bouncing on the ground, making the sorceress realise what he meant as she started towards him.

"Oh you're right," She says.

She bounces on a patch of grass below her and smiles.

"Ground feels strange. Wait... That's weird," The doctor mumbles as he thinks.

"What's weird," Rory asks them, as they observe the ground.

Amy growls, "Stop trying to distract us. We're in the wrong place."

The doctor grabs the sorceress' hand and runs over to the other side of the church.

Amy continues talking, "Doctor, it's freezing and I've dressed for Rio. We are not stopping here."

The doctor plucks some grass, passes one to the sorceress, and they both start examining it curiously.

Simultaneously they both say, "Blue grass."

"Patches of it all around the graveyard," The doctor adds.

"So, Earth, 2020-ish, ten years in your future. I could tell by the smell."

"Wrong continent for Rio, I'll admit, but it's not a massive overshoot," The doctor enthuses.

Amy notices two people, across the valley, and she smiles as she's them waving.

"Why are those people waving at us?" She questions, as she continues to stare off into the distance.

"Can't be," The doctor dismisses.