Chapter 2

Shortly after losing the news reporters and the arrest of Dragonfly, the ambulance arrived to check for any casualties. Thankfully, thanks to Midoriya, civilian injuries were minor and only one or two people had to go to the hospital for treatment.

Todoroki had gained a minor sprain in both of his wrists due to slightly overusing his quirks and Midoriya seemed perfectly fine despite a few noticeable cuts and bruises on his face from flying ice and debris during the final attack.

Midoriya seemed happy to accompany Todoroki to the hospital so he could get his arms bandaged. However Todoroki seemed rather freaked out and stressed as thoughts raced though his mind.

You're worthless.

You're no hero.

Midoriya is only here to mock you.

Don't be a fool.

Midoriya had noticed Todoroki's state and was a little worried as he seemed to stumble all over the corridors and sweat was glistening on his forehead. However he didn't wish to annoy the heterochromatic boy so he stayed silent and worried to himself.

It had been about an hour before Todoroki was discharged from the hospital. He and the green haired boy walked side by side towards the exit. Neither one spoke and it was a rather uncomfortable silence. However just as they reached the exit, Midoriya spoke up.

"A...are you doing okay Todoroki-kun?" The small hero stuttered.

Todoroki seemed frantic after the question - shaking his head this way and that, as though he was a wolf ripping its prey apart. It appeared as though he hadn't actually heard the question since he was rather silent, despite his actions - like he had been during the walk with sweat still pouring off his body.

"Todoroki-kun?!" Midoriya asked, becoming highly agitated and concerned for his fellow colleague.

"Huh what... Oh don't worry I'm fine, just a huge headache and slight dizziness from overusing my quirk is all." Todoroki didn't like lying. Especially not to Midoriya.

All he wanted to do was lunge himself at the smaller boy and let all his emotions out and explain what was really wrong. He wanted nothing more than to have his high school crush's arms wrapped around him and his calm, soothing voice in his ear, whispering to him - telling him everything was going to be okay.

Of course Todoroki was gay. It was practically inevitable. However his dreams of being with Midoriya were soon crushed one day during his second year at UA.

Flashback

It was the first day back and class 1-A were in their second year. All of the class were sat in their new classroom, awaiting the arrival of their new teacher. However before he showed up, Uraraka stood up and walked towards the front of the class. She stood there, a little nervous but spoke anyway.

"I..uh.... I want to say something." The entire of the class's attention was drawn towards her as she continued.

"I've been having feelings for a certain person in this classroom since day one. I think it may be a tad late but better late than never right? Hehe...... Anyway I'd like to finally express my feelings and I thought what better way to do it than in front of the class."
Uraraka started becoming a little more confident and cheerful by this point.

"Deku... I.... I've liked you since the first day I met you. You're personality, you're love for All Might and your caring nature makes me smile and the blushing face you're making right now is driving the butterflies in my stomach crazy."

Uraraka paused and walked towards Midoriya, pulling him up by the hand towards the front of the class. The brunette was right. The green haired boy was a blushing mess right now.
She continued to speak as her and Midoriya got to the front.

"I... I love you.... Deku."

As she finished this, the brunette leaned in closing her eyes and placing her lips on to Midoriya's.

His eyes widened at first but soon closed as he became more comfortable with the kiss, his face still beetroot red. The whole class cheered.

Well....almost the whole class. Sat at the back of the room, Todoroki was sat in his chair digging his nails into the top of his hand - eventually piercing his skin and allowing the red liquid to escape into the open.

It was the only thing he could think of to stop himself from crying. He was too late. Midoriya was now someone else's. A woman's someone else no less.

The half-and-half boy should've known that someone like Midoriya wasn't gay. Yet he still felt traumatised by the sight he was seeing and the realisation that he'd missed his chance.

About a week had passed and Todoroki was practically running home, tears streaming down his face.

Every time he saw Midoriya now he was either holding hands, hugging or smooching with Uraraka and it was beginning to make him drunk on jealousy.

He had lost his love. He was too weak to buck up even a little courage. He had lost him.

Lost him forever......

End flashback