Chapter 19

A/N *self harming reference*
Italics = thoughts
Underlined = dream

Midoriya was first to wake up the next morning, his aching hips a reminder of the fun that happened the previous night. He smiled to himself as he looked in the mirror at the bottom of the bed, admiring the purple bruises that littered his skin. But that smile didn't last long as he felt trembling and heard the sound of sobbing coming from behind his.

Turning around he saw his beautiful boyfriend in a state of shock and distress. Oh no not again.

Quickly, Midoriya straddled Todoroki's broad frame and leaned down - remembering the same tactic he used a few days ago.

He brushed his lips over the other male's and slowly began to press, deepening the kiss in hopes of waking up his boyfriend from whatever trauma he was going through.

Todoroki was still mumbling despite feeling something soft and cool on his lips which ever so slightly calmed him down. Soon he began himself into it, slowly but surely coming out of unconsciousness and into reality.

Eventually the moment came to an end when Midoriya broke the kiss to see Todoroki awake with a small smile on his lips and a light dusting of pink on his cheeks.

"Are you feeling okay? That's not happened for a while. What's going on?" Izuku asked, concerned.

Shoto averted his gaze and sat up, his had scratching the back of his neck.

"Um... Well it was... More of a memory than a nightmare.... The reason it caused that was because it... It all revolves around you..." Shoto stuttered, clearly afraid to speak his mind.

"It did? Are you sure you don't want to tell me? I can help you know. Whatever you saw wasn't real. Trust me Sho." Midoriya questioned, moving a little closer to the heterochromatic male.

Todoroki sighed, knowing full well that Izuku was right.

"Well.... It started out a nightmare before becoming a memory --"

"The two of us were sat on the couch, basically ignoring each other and it was starting to irritate me. So I asked what was wrong because you'd been quiet for a few days and you'd been addressing me by my last name instead of my first.

You sighed and looked up, nothing but boredom and annoyance in your eyes. I still remember what you said."

'"Honestly I was just thinking we should break up. Im sorry but I don't think this is going to work out. I mean you're nowhere near as powerful as me. You can't even defeat one villain by yourself."'

"Your facial expressions never changed. I froze as I tried to take in what you'd said and tears began to prick my eyes.

You then proceeded to say that real heroes don't cry and that I was weak before you grabbed everything you'd brought and left. I didn't even try to chase you. I just let my tears fall. I kept thinking to myself is be okay but I quickly realised I had nothing. My father hates me. My siblings abandoned me. My mother was dead and suddenly you were gone. I kept asking myself what I had to live for."

"Until finally I stood up still crying and walked to the bathroom and grabbed a blade. I hesitated at first until my head stung with the memory of our first day in our second year back in UA.

You looked happy. You looked safe. And I felt distraught because you felt that with someone that wasn't me.

So without a second thought, I lifted the blade and prepared myself. And then I woke up thanks to you."

"So yeah....." Shoto was sobbing at this point. Midoriya gasped at what he'd just heard. He leapt into Todoroki, forcing them both to lie down on the bed, sobbing into each other's neck.

"I'm so sorry Shoto. I can't believe you would think that. I hated that moment back then. I just couldn't say anything. And whenever I tried I would always get interrupted. Please believe me when I say that you're never going to lose me. You're not weak. If you were you wouldn't be here right now. With everything you've gone though and yet you're still standing. That shows courage and strength in my eyes."

Midoriya hovered above Todoroki and stared into his gorgeous eyes before continuing. "I'll be by your side forever and always. Whenever you need me most. "

Midoriya was sat up on top of Todoroki by this point. A small but genuine smile pricked at Shoto's lips, even if it was only for a few seconds.

Midoriya grabbed Todoroki's hands and stared down at them. He examined the white marks on the top of his left hand. The slightly infected crescent shaped imprints on his palms and the multiple stripes going from his wrists to his elbows - some white and healed, others fresh and angry.

Todoroki looked away and tried to pull his hands away but Midoriya wasn't having it. He carefully leaned forward and placed gentle kisses over almost every cut that marked and stained his boyfriend's skin.

Izuku gave Shoto a warm and comforting smile reassurance before he was engulfed in a loving hug.

"Thank you...." Shoto whispered.

Both lay there in the same position in comfortable silence after that. However all good things must come to end. Both practically leapt out of their skin when a loud screech blared throughout the room.

Todoroki leaned over and silenced his phone before placing it back on his bedside table and going back to cuddling his partner.

"Um Sho...." Izuku said
"Hmm?"
"That means we should be getting ready for work."
"Ugh do we have to?"
"Yeah unfortunately. I know you don't want to but we can't blow off work."
"Alright, alright I'm getting up."

With that both boys eventually crawled out of bed, took a quick shower and got into their hero outfits before heading to work.

"Last one there owes the other lunch." Todoroki stated before giving Izuku a quick kiss on his cheek and headed right, sliding on his ice.

"You're on." Midoriya yelled before powering up One for All and racing left at an inhuman pace.

Todoroki skidded to a halt outside Headquarters, thinking he'd win since he couldn't see his lover anywhere. However to his dismay, as he walked in, he saw Midoriya who has just finished signing in.

"I won. See you at dinner." Midoriya boasted before winking and heading out to his patrols.

Todoroki sighed felicitously, staring as Deku walked out of the building and sprinted to his patrol area before he signed in and went to his office to begin his paper work.