Chapter 23

A/N *Strong Language*

The parade was now in full swing, laughter and chatter bouncing off the buildings in every corner. Midoriya and Todoroki were walking through the center of it all, the sights and sounds becoming engraved in their minds.

They were enjoying each others' company, and everything else around them until they heard something unnerving. The ground began to shake and the civilians surrounding them started to become silent. 

"Shoto, there is a high chance this is a villain, I need you to start evacuating people towards Ingenium down south. It'll be the safest place for them for now." Midoriya whispered as quiet as possible so as not to alarm the civilians.

"And if it is? By the sound of it, the thing is huge. Are you sure you'll be able to fight it off on your own?" Todoroki whispered back, the supposed thundering footsteps getting louder by the second. 

"Trust me Sho, I can do it. I'm sure I've dealt with worse." the greenette replied with a wink. 

Todoroki smirked but the worry in his eyes only increased. "If you're sure." 

"I'll be fine. If need be, I'll contact Kacchan to help me. You'll have to stay with the civilians in order to keep them calm. Iida will help you." Midoriya reassured, despite the still increasing thundering.

With an understanding nod, Todoroki used his ice to create a ball, then used his fire to light it up. He then addressed the public. "Citizens, for your own safety, I am enforcing an evacuation. You will follow me towards the south side of the parade. It will be the safest place for you." 

The public looked confused by this. They thought that it was all part of the parade. That was until loud howl erupted from the darkness. Just as some were beginning to follow the order, a large, well-built shadow engulfed them. A loud crash followed. Once the dust cloud cleared, a huge, wild, red and white wolf stood towering over the allotted escape route. The deep growl in its throat making the hairs on Midoriya's neck stand on end. 

"Shoto, take them East! Once there send Kacchan over immediately! I'm definitely gonna need help with that monstrosity!" Midoriya yelled over the crowd's screams as he powered up One for All and sprang up, high over the swarm to attack the white beast. 

Below he could hear his boyfriend yelling orders and enforcing everyone to follow him to safety. He knew he could trust him to get him some assistance. 

The wolf's eyes glowed crimson and were filled with nothing but insanity. Izuku launched himself forward and landed the strongest kick he could to the mutt's muzzle. He fell to the floor as the beast yowled and thrashed his head in pain. This bought the number one pro a few precious minutes to analyse the situation. It was clear that is was a quirk in over drive. He'd seen it before a couple years back. 

He became good friends with a new student who transferred to UA in his second year. He loved her quirk. It allowed her to transform into a fox as long as she'd eaten enough. She could hold it quite some time and her coat was an entrancing orange colour. However once she ended up getting captured by a villain and force fed too much meat. She ended up transforming into a wild, white furred fox with unnerving black eyes. 

Thankfully it wore off after an hour and a half or so but that probably depended on the amount of meat she'd had. At least that's what he concurred after a strong analysis. Who knows how long this transformation will last? 

The monstrosity before Deku quickly recovered and was soon stood towering above the number one pro. With a deep growl, the wolf sprang forward - teeth bared ready to rip the greenette to shreds. Midoriya sprang back and landed on top of the nearest roof he could reach in order to give him some form of advantage - thankful that he could see no-one else was at the scene.