Chapter 6

Several minutes had passed by the time Midoriya had found Todoroki, and the state he saw him in almost broke his heart. He was collapsed on his knees, trembling. His fallen down sleeves revealed bandages running from his palms to his elbows and his head was in his hands, whilst silent tears fell from his eyes - all the while surrounded by darkness.

Midoriya wanted to help, he really did. He cared for his colleague. However before he could take a step out of his hiding spot he heard the familiar ring of Todoroki's phone. He watched from behind a street corner, as the boy shakily reached for his phone. Due to his position, Midoriya was able to catch a glimpse at who was calling him. The number that he saw froze him to the spot.

911 - The Police...

He watched in silence, his entire body quivering from worry and fear for his friend. The multi-coloured boy straightened up, but still stayed on the floor as he answered the phone. All the number 1 pro hero could do was listen to what Todoroki was saying, since he couldn't hear what was being said on the other end of the phone.

A/N "....." Is to represent the police speaking

" Hello? "

"....."

"...A...are you sure?"

" ..... "

"No it can't be true!"
" She's all I have left! "

"....."

" ....No... please... Tell me it's not true... "

"....."

" Sniffle. I apologise. What will be happening? "

"......"

" I see. Well thank you for informing me. Goodbye. "

Midoriya could only watch as Todoroki hung up the phone and let out a traumatizing, pained cry as his body shook violently and a constant stream of tears fell from his eyes. He watched as his friend collapsed further, his arms wrapping around his waist while he curled up into a ball, crying and continuing to let out pained yells.

The green haired hero had never seen Todoroki in such a vulnerable state. He wanted nothing more than to help him but he didn't know how to go about it. He stood silent in his hiding place, thinking about what the best course of action would be before finally deciding that giving him some space would be the best option.

Activating his quirk, Midoriya sprinted off back home to gather anything he thought would be necessary to help Todoroki if he was still in the alleyway when he returned in about an hour or two. The hero tried to calm down by watching the news to see if there was a small attack or something nearby that might help him take his mind off of his colleague for a bit. However those traumatizing cries echoed in his mind and tears began to form in his eyes.

He couldn't bare the see his closest friend go through such pain. He wanted to do anything possible to help him. He cared for him. His feelings for him were starting to become undeniable at this point. He liked Todoroki. He knew he was gay ever since his first kiss with Uraraka back in his second year at UA. It had felt awkward and quite truthfully, it felt so wrong. He hated it. However he was a nervous wreck back then and had never had the courage to end it with her.

Instead he came up with a plan to make very little effort and contribution towards the relationship and soon Uraraka had had enough.
He still remembered their final converstation.

A/N
Bold = Uraraka
Underlined = Midoriya

Flashback

"I can't believe you Midoriya. I thought you loved me. Yet for the past two years you've made the worst level of effort I've ever seen! What happened to the Deku I once knew?"

"He became gay. Sorry Uraraka but since our first kiss back in our second year I knew I was. I just lacked the courage to tell you. "

"Are you fucking serious?! You're gay and yet you spent the last three years with me all because you lacked fucking confidence?!"

"Umm... Yeah? "

"Ugh go to hell Midoriya. You're just like every other guy. Worthless and pathetic. "

End Flashback

Midoriya grinned knowing he no longer had her as a burden and was free to be with whom he wanted to be with. Right now, he felt as though he needed Todoroki. He liked.... No loved him. Yes, he loved Todoroki from the depths of his heart. He was going to help him get through whatever was causing his strange behaviour and pained cries. He was going to do whatever it took to make him feel happy again.

The number 1 pro hero walked towards his balcony and leant against the railings, fantasizing about what life would be like had he stayed with Uraraka. Whether life in the future would be different if he and Todoroki got toge.... No he couldn't think like that. Not whilst Todoroki seemed to be suffering. Besides he isn't gay. At least, Midoriya didn't think he was gay...

The boy soon snapped out of his trance and started coming up with different ways in which he could help his crush. He sat down with his legs dangling through the railings, whilst he wracked his brain for any plan at all.

Midoriya soon settled on offering to stay with Todoroki for a bit to make sure he was doing okay alone. Maybe he could even take him to a bar to help him take his mind off of whatever the police had told him.

He thought it'd be best though, to avoid a conversation along that topic. He didn't want Todoroki to know he was spying on him. Although in his defence it was to make sure he was okay.

He went back inside now that his mind was clear and he lay on his sofa and slowly drifted to sleep, completely forgetting that he was supposed to go back out to the alleyway to check on the damaged boy.

~~~~~~~~~~

After several hours of releasing his emotions, Todoroki finally stood up and was ready to start walking home. His face was puffy and red from crying and his body was still shaking slightly. Thankfully it was starting to get darker and he wasn't too far from his house - so he didn't have to worry about citizens seeing him in his weakened state.

By the time Todoroki made it to his house, the sun had just set and the streets were lit up with bright street lamps and neon signs.

He walked into his room and got out of his hero costume and replaced it with a pair of baggy, grey joggers. He walked to his bathroom and removed his damp bandages, placing them on his radiator, before washing his tear stained face and checking his wounds.

He cupped his hands under the running water and splashed his face - wetting the hair, that had fallen into his eyes, slightly. He did this motion several times before he turned off the tap and wiped his face with a small, blue towel. Todoroki then shifted his gaze towards the palms of his hands to check upon his wounds.

The crescent shaped marks looked a little inflamed and the edges appeared to be infected. It hurt him whenever he tried to clench his hands into fists, which wasn't a particularly good sign. However he didn't wish to go to the hospital because he didn't want anyone to know about it.

Instead, the hero poured a few dropped of cleaning alcohol into his palms. The drops sent major pains shooting through his palms and the rest of his hands but he gritted his teeth and continued to clean his wounds. He didn't bother to re-wrap them since he thought a bit of air might help them heal a little better. Plus his bandages were still damp.

He shuffled towards his room and lay on top of his clean covers, looking at his wrists. Permanent scars lined his wrists and he could still make out the word 'ALONE' he'd carved back in UA.

Tears began to well in his eyes as awful memories from his past, and the voices in his head started to dig deeper into his psyche. The hero let out a defeated sigh and let his arms flop to his sides as his drowsiness started to overwhelm him and his eyelids fell closed - darkness encasing him and his vision.