Chapter 8

A/N I am so sorry for this late update. I've had art coursework to complete in a rather small time frame. I apologise greatly but here it is - The next chapter of Save Me, Please.

Todoroki sat there, his arms still dripping blood, his mind still clouding his thoughts and more tears beginning to blind his vision once again. His body began to tremble and his blood and sweat stained bedsheets were sticking to his torso. His tears streamed down his face and he began to sink deeper and deeper underwater. He wasn't sure if this time around, he'd make it out alive...

The torturing screech of the alarm clock forced Todoroki to leap out of his skin from fright. He hadn't even realised that the sun had come up. His breakdown had made him oblivious to the outside world - as it were.

He quickly jumped out of bed and ran towards his bathroom to clean himself up; starting with a shower. He tried to ignore the searing stings of his fresh wounds as the water pounded onto his skin and soap dripped into each, individual slice.

Truthfully, he didn't want to leave the heat of the shower, but he knew that people would question it if he wasn't on duty. Reluctantly, he stepped out and quickly wrapped a towel around his waist before moving towards the sink and pouring a few drops of cleaning alcohol into his new cuts. The pain didn't affect him too much and he wiped it a little with his towel, before wrapping both arms up with bandages.

It took him longer than normal to get ready - probably due to either sleep deprivation or blood loss. He just didn't feel motivated at all. Either way, he still towel-dried his hair and put on his hero costume, ensuring his sleeves were rolled down so as not to draw attention to himself via the bandages.

Soon enough he was locking his front door and heading towards Hero Headquarters. (A/N don't ask)

The walk seemed long and uneventful, but to Todoroki, his walk was filled with memories and past traumas which almost made him turn tail and run to go and hide in the shadows: he pushed forward however, eventually reaching the headquarters.

He met Midoriya at the entrance, who seemed to have a panicked yet worried look on his face. Todoroki pushed thoughts to the back of his mind as he walked up to the green haired hero.

"Midoriya? Are you doing okay?" He asked in his usual monotone voice - however there was a hint of concern hidden amongst it.

"Ah.... Todoroki-kun you frightened me then." the smaller boy replied after nearly jumping a mile backwards. "I...I'm doing fine. I was looking f...for you actually. I wanted to ask you something."

Todoroki tensed at this. Had Midoriya figured him out? No He couldn't have done. Although he is the number one pro hero.

"S..sure what's up?" He asked, attempting to ignore his paranoia.

"I..I've noticed you've been a bit off lately and I was getting a little worried about you. So....uh... I was wondering if you'd be interested in h..having me stay over for a month or so. I know you live on your own - I'm sure it gets lonely often." Midoriya asked although he seemed rather shy asking, almost like he was experiencing something new.

Todoroki thought for a while. He didn't want Midoriya finding out about his past or self harm, not to mention his feelings. However the thought of having someone over to prevent his loneliness eased him a little. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea. Besides he had just lost his mother after all. He needed someone with him right now.

"S..sure I wouldn't mind that..." He eventually responded, a light dusting of blush spreading over his cheeks.

"O...okay great. I'll meet you at yours after work. Probably around nine-ish?"

"Fine by me."

With that, they both walked into the building and headed up to their rooms accordingly, starting their daily dose of paperwork.

It was around twelve when Todoroki finished his paperwork and so decided to head out to a local cafe to get some food. (Considering he left with nothing to eat that morning.) He didn't like the food at the headquarters - the cold soba was not the best tasting in his opinion. So instead he went to the cafe a few blocks down to order his usual: cold soba and an iced tea to go.

As he walked in however, he noticed that the place wasn't as busy as usual, but he didn't question it.

He didn't even need to say anything before a pink skinned waitress walked up to the till with a wide, friendly grin.

"Ah Shoto, the usual?" The waitress said, cashing in the order when the hero in question nodded in response.

Several minutes later his order was ready and Todoroki paid before heading out of the door, only to bump into Midoriya; almost knocking him to the floor.

"I am so sorry Midoriya, I should really pay more attention to my surroundings..." The heterochromatic boy apologised, his head hung low in shame.

Midoriya however, lifted Todoroki's chin with his hand - forcing both heroes' eyes to meet.

"Don't worry about it okay? I'm fine." The number one hero's voice and smooth fingertips calmed to other boy's nerves and he sighed, flashing a ghost of a smile towards Midoriya.

"So...uh wanna eat lunch with me?" the green haired male offered, as he stepped back a little, his face an obvious red colour, and shyly held up his own food filled bag.

"I... I suppose."

The two boys sat on a bench in the town centre, eating their meals together and engaging in friendly conversation - well Midoriya did anyway. Todoroki just sort of sat there nodding his head, humming in response and eating his food.

It was roughly 1:30pm when they both finished eating.

"Okay, well I'll be at yours between nine and half past, okay Todoroki-kun?" Said the small green haired boy in his shy tone.

"Sure," was all the other hero replied before standing and walking towards the alleyways to keep an eye out for small villain attacks.

~~~~~~~~~~

Todoroki's shift finished at eight so he walked towards his house slowly. He knew there wasn't much he needed to do, considering he'd only cleaned his house a few nights ago. Truthfully, he needed to sort his room out by stripping and cleaning his bed and disinfecting his room to get rid of the awful smell of blood.

By 8:30pm Todoroki had arrived home. He quickly slipped into some fresh, comfortable joggers, forgetting about his bandages, and got to work stripping his bed of his bloody bedsheets and putting them in the washing machine. He placed new sheets onto his bed and draped a thicker, spare blanket over the couch for when Midoriya came over. He then scrubbed his bedroom floor to get rid of the lingering stench.

He'd just finished wiping his sink down and his house was smelling a lot better when he heard a knock on the door. It was 9:15 so he assumed it was Midoriya and yelled "come in" whilst he threw his dirty cloths into a washing basket.

"Hey Todoroki-kun. How are....." Midoriya trailed off as he saw the other hero in nothing but joggers, his toned abs on show. However a look of concern spread across his face when he noticed the bandages wrapping around his forearms.

"Um... Midoriya?" Todoroki questioned, his voice laced with confusion at his crush's sudden change in behaviour.

"Huh... Oh... Nothing. How are you?" The green haired boy snapped out of his train of thought and returned back to reality , his concern for Todoroki growing larger with every second that passed.

He wasn't sure how long his love had left...