Chapter 24

A/N *Self harm reference*

Ingenium ran as fast as his engines would carry him until he reached the crowd that consisted of heroes, civilians and officers. He walked up to the head officer there and asked for Todoroki and Kirishima.

"They're over there." The officer said pointing to his left to where the two heroes were before returning to tend to the injured patient.

"Thank you sir." Iida said before jogging off. He quickly approached the two heroes. He started to get a little nervous to tell them the news - especially Todoroki- since they appeared to be shaken up quite a lot.

He cleared his throat, receiving a glance from the red-head.

"I can't get in touch with Yaoyorozu. I'm worried that wolf went through her before it went after the parade." Kirishima said, worry clear in his voice.

"Well I hate to be the bearer of more bad news but..." Iida hesitated as he saw Todoroki's head shoot up from the ground to face him.

"It's not Midoriya is it?" He asked all to quickly.

"Unfortunately yes. Bakugo couldn't reach the fight in time. By the time he arrived, no-one was there. Not even Midoriya. I fear he lost and was taken or worse....." Iida trailed off, to scared to finish the sentence.

Tears began to form in Todoroki's eyes before he let out an ear splitting cry and allowed the tears to fall from his eyes. He collapsed onto Kirishima, burying his face into the other man's shoulder as he began mumbling incoherent 'It should've been mes' and 'It's all my faults.'

Iida gave the red head a confused glance. Kirishima mouthed the word 'boyfriends' and Iida instantly understood.

The three stayed in that position from then on, the only sounds being the light chatter from the civilians and the muffled sobs from Todoroki - Kirishima awkwardly stroking his hair, in an attempt to calm him down.

The head officer Ingenium first spoke too soon showed up.

"Is everything okay here?" He asked, noticing the state the number two pro hero was in.

"Yes sir. Everything is fine. Shoto is just a little worn out is all. No need to worry."

"Okay. One more question. Where is TnT?" he asked

Ingenium looked surprised. "Wait he hasn't come back? Last I saw him was back at the fight scene. I'd have thought he'd have returned by now." Ingenium replied, highly confused.

Todoroki instantly sat up from Kirishima's lap and wiped his eyes dry before speaking.

"I'll find him sir. I'll bring him back." He offered, his voice cold and distant.

"Alright. Be quick." The officer stated before walking off.

Todoroki used his ice and propelled himself forward, disappearing from view in seconds. His only reasoning for finding Bakugo alone was to give him a piece of his mind. He knew he should've followed his instincts and gone himself rather than send Katsuki. He knew it should've been him who stayed behind to fight. He should've been the one to go.

Todoroki skidded to a halt, almost blinded by tears. Before him sat Bakugo who appeared broken and shattered. Todoroki never expected someone like Katsuki to be in that state. He was always under the impression that he hated Midoriya. He wanted to comfort him too but his anger and annoyance clouded his judgement.

He began storming ahead, his eyes clearing a little.

"Bakugo!" His voice was cold and threatening. The explosion hero lifted his head slightly at the mention of his name. He knew who was behind him and he knew what he wanted. So he stood and turned to face the heterochromatic hero.

Todoroki stopped stomping, standing to face the wreck before. He was going to speak but Bakugo beat him to it.

"I'm sorry. Okay? I failed because I was too slow. I know how you feel. I may not act like I appreciate the need but I do. Okay? He changed me - pushed me to become a better version of myself. He's done that for you too sure, but you don't know that half of what he's been through." His voice started to crack once more as he continued.

"He's suffered through a broken family and very little income. Not only did he have to study and train, he had to work to help his mother. I may sound like a fake jerk but when I say what I'm about to say, I mean every word. I'm proud of him. He didn't go in vain. He's fought harder than anyone I know. And if you want to blame for him being gone fine. Hit me all you want. I won't fight back." Tears were streaming down his face by now.

Todoroki stood in stunned silence. All this time he was sure that Midoriya lived the best childhood, with a proper family. While he didn't want to believe Bakugo's words, he knew they were all true.

He collapsed to his knees, slamming his ice and fire covered fists into the already broken concrete.

Tears blinded his vision once again, pained cries echoing in the air.

"I'm so sorry. I should've done more. I'm so pathetic. My father was right. I can't do anything alone." His mumbles were repeated over and over, quickly starting to make no sense.

Through his tears, Todoroki could make out the broken glass of the buildings. Urges that he thought he wouldn't feel again began to take over his conscious. He began to reach out. He needed to feel that pain. He needed that self loathing of regret. He needed it.

But Bakugo wasn't having it. He rushed to Todoroki, gripping his wrists and keeping them behind his back. Todoroki began screaming - he needed that pain. Why didn't Bakugo understand that? Todoroki's pained cries began to attract the attention of the news reporters that were reporting the scene. They soon began to arrive as silent as possible to report the scene before them.

Up in the helicopter, the live broadcaster began to speak as she looked upon the heartbreaking sight.

"I hate to say this but it would appear that TnT is holding Shoto back. Back from what we may never know. The number two hero seems to be in distress. Let's listen to see what's being said." She said in as quiet a voice as possible.

"Let me go Bakugo. Now!" He yelled, twisting to try and escape the strong grip that the explosion hero had on him.

"What and let you ruin your body? No. Deku wouldn't-" he began but was interrupted.

"Izuku is gone!! Okay. We're never getting him back! Don't you understand that!? He's not coming back!" Todoroki's screams sent shivers down Bakugo's spine. He'd never seen Shoto in such a state. The nerd really has changed him. For better or worse would be difficult to say at this moment in time.

At this moment in time, no one knew how to control the dual-quirk user. This was a side to him no one has ever seen.

And the only person that could do something was gone. They all knew it.....