Chapter 28

A/N *Strong Self Harm Reference*
*Underlined = dream*

"How could you let this happen?" Midoriya's spiteful voice rang through the silence. Todoroki hung his head low in shame as the other male continued. "I'm being tortured to death. You knew full well this would've been avoided. You knew exactly what you should've done. You should know not to listen to me. You've known me long enough!" His voice began to rise in volume. Todoroki began quivering as tears began to prick his eyes.  The greenette was right. He shouldn't have listened to him. He should've followed his insticts. He knew it should've been himself that suffered. 

The other male's voice rang out again.

"There's no point crying now! What's done is done. You're father was right. You can't defeat one villain without me! You can't save me! You'll never see me again. And it's all your fault!" The last three words broke the heterochromatic male. His tears spilled onto his cheeks. His silent sobs became audible and his heart began to shatter once again. 

Midoriya was right. His father was right. Everyone was right. He was weak. Everything that had happened was his fault. All his fault...

Todoroki bolted upright, his cheeks wet with tears, his cries strangled and his body trembling. He promised Katsuki he wouldn't do this. He promised himself and Izuku, but he couldn't hold back. He ripped off the bandages that were now damp with sweat and flung open his drawer - digging around until he found what he was looking for. 

He plucked the metal blade out of the drawer, his vision partly blinded with tear as he began to drag the blade across his skin. That damaged skin that will forever be marked with his problems. Old wounds were split and deepened and new ones were created. His cries began to die as his throat began to burn. His eyes were aching and his body was sweating bullets - his hair and bed sheets sticking to it. 

He let out whimpers and his movements became weak, his fingers eventually losing their grip on the now bloodied blade. He threw it to the floor, his gaze never leaving the blood that gushed out of his palms. His shaking body soon calmed and his tears eventually came to a stop. 

Guilt and annoyance began to overwhelm him as he stared at the blood that stained his wrists and bed sheets. He knew he had to get it sorted before leaving. 

Todoroki gingerly lifted the covers off of his sweat-covered form, before he shamefully walked to his bathroom, turning on the shower, keeping it at a cold temperature to try and cool down his body and nerves. 

Once it was ready he stripped off his boxers and stepped into the cold shower, not bothered by the temperature. He carefully held his wrists under the shower, wincing slightly at the pain of the droplets pounding into his fresh wounds. He watched as his life essence washed off his skin and drained away. 

Shoto stayed in the freezing shower for about ten minutes before deciding that he'd had enough. He turned off the shower and stepped out - wrapping a towel around his torso and hanging one around his neck. He then proceeded to take out the medical equipment from the cupboard under the sink, first dousing his wounds in the cleansing alcohol, no longer phased by the stinging it caused. He was too used to it at the point. 

He then wrapped fresh bandages around his wrists that lead from the palm of his hands to his elbows. He sighed as he stared at the bandages, before dropping his arms to his sides before walking into to his room. He picked up his phone from his bedside table, the bright screen almost blinding him in the darkness. The clock read 4:38am. He had time to wash his bedding and hero uniform before he had to set off for Headquarters to discuss the plan of action in order to rescue Midoriya. 

Todoroki sat heavily on the edge of his bed, removing the towel from around his neck, unfolding it and throwing it over his head in order to towel dry his hair. Once he removed the towel from his head he looked at his reflection in the mirror at the bottom of his bed.