Chapter 4

A/N I'd just like to make something clear before I start writing
Anything underlined is part of the dream
Anything normal is normal time.
Also *self harming reference, mild language and violence mentioned in this chapter*

Todoroki was clawing at his face and wrists with his sharp nails in an attempt to feel any form of security. Tears were flowing down his cheeks and words were spilling uncontrollably out of his mouth.

"He doesn't care for me."

"He hates me."

"Everyone hates me."

"How can I live without him?"

"How can I live without my Midoriya?!"

Todoroki was unconsciously allowing tears to fall from his eyes, drenching his pillow. His fists were clenched and his brows furrowed as he let out silent screams for help - his nails sinking into his palms.

An angry knock was heard at the door. Todoroki rushed down to answer it, not wanting to be impolite. He dried his tears and quickly covered his wrists whilst running to the door.

However, upon opening it, he saw someone he never thought he'd see. The small, green haired boy he loved so much. However his face seemed different. It looked cold and hollow.

In an instant the thing before Todoroki lifted his arm and roughly back-handed him across the face, and he yelped in pain, gently bringing his hand up to caress his stinging cheek.

The hero's bed was becoming saturated from his constant stream of sweat and tears, uncontrollably falling out of his body. His palms were bleeding now from his sharp, knife-life nails. Yet, the boy felt no urgency to get up and fix it - or even stop it, like it was the least important thing in the world at this moment.

"Oh my God, how can someone like me love a faggot like you?" The smaller boy scolded, his eyes burning with the flames from hell.
To Todoroki, this thing no longer resembled the innocent Izuku he cared for so much. Instead, in his place, he saw a monster created from fear, anger and evil.

He no longer resembled the boy he once loved.

The heterochromatic boy fell to his knees as more tears fell to the floor. Things were soon made worse when the other boy kicked him hard in the face and ran off - laughing and smirking from the shear level of joy he had experienced from his actions.

At this Todoroki bolted upright, gasping for breath and unclenching his fists, allowing his life's essence to drip slowly onto the once freshly-made, silk bedsheets. However, he never noticed this. Instead the boy stared dead ahead at his reflection in the mirror at the foot of his bed - watching his eyes become red and puffy and listening to the voices screaming in his head.

We told you didn't we?

He doesn't appreciate you.

He thinks you're a joke.

Let him go.

You're pathetic.

Stop trying.

His breathing was rapid along with his heart rate and his body was shaking like crazy. His skin was slick with sweat from head to toe and his head was pounding, as if the pain caused from Midoriya was transferred into reality.

It wasn't until Todoroki steadied his breathing that he finally noticed the small drops of blood still dripping out of his palms.

He stared at the deep nail marks he'd created in his once soft palms - more forgotten high school memories becoming sharper. His eyes were practically pinpricks at this point and after a few more seconds of staring, slowly drifted down to his wrists...

The wrists that are still, and forever will be, marked with permanent scars of his traumatizing childhood....

A/N I apologise is this has made any of you feel uncomfortable but I hope you still enjoyed reading the development.