Chapter 3

Midoriya stared at Todoroki with a look of worry, but also a hint of fear behind his eyes. Todoroki was starting to head home however his head was still shaking this way and that.

Eventually he turned a corner and was out of the green haired hero's sight. Midoriya sighed and turned around to walk back to his apartment, the look of worry and fear for Todoroki still plastered on his face.

Todoroki was practically running to his house, his hero costume becoming darker due to the constant stream of sweat and tears pouring out of his body. His mind was cramped and was starting to crack and break into his sanity.

Stop fighting us.

You know we're right.

You lost him forever remember?

You're no hero.

You can't even defeat one measly villain by yourself.

You're so pathetic.

The voices continued to rattle around Todoroki's head, eventually forcing him to start pounding his palm against his temple in a desperate attempt to rid himself of them. However no good came from it - if anything, it made them louder and made him feel worse.

~~~~~~~~~~

It seemed like hours until Todoroki arrived at his house. The voices in his head had subdued slightly, but were still echoing in the back of his mind.

He fumbled in his pockets for his keys and eventually managed to slip it into the key hole of his door, unlocking it.

The number 2 hero stumbled into his home, almost tripping over his trainers. He was exhausted.

The voices pounding in his head.
The agonising fight with Dragonfly.
His resurfing feelings for Midoriya.

It was all too much for him.

He closed his front door and shuffled towards his room, his eyelids becoming heavy. He slipped out of his hero costume and ripped off his bandages, letting them fall to the floor, exposing his perfectly toned skin.

His eyelids were getting heavier by the second and so he didn't bother to put his pyjama pants on. He just flopped onto his bed, allowing the darkness to consume him as his eyelids finally dropped; not wanting to be lifted again.

Meanwhile, Midoriya shuffled home, not caring that it was getting dark. He rather enjoyed the city streets at night. The glistening street lamps. The flashing billboards. The bustle of people, sauntering around - not giving a care in the world. It made everything seem alive yet calm.

However the number 1 hero was too distracted to notice the glory the night held - he didn't even notice his screaming fans, screeching his name in an attempt to get his attention. He ignored everything and everyone. He was too focused on his friend's odd behaviour. He didn't seem right to Midoriya and could clearly tell that he was lying about being okay.

The green haired boy wracked his brain, trying to come up with a valid reason as to his friends sudden change in persona.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was pitch black and almost 11pm when Midoriya found himself walking up the stairs towards his apartment. He was still digging in his brain still unsure as to what triggered Todoroki's change in behaviour.

He unlocked his door, and stepped into his messy room. He didn't mind too much - he's always been messy, even as a kid.

He shuffled to his bathroom and turned the shower on. As the room started steaming up, he slipped out of his hero costume, letting it drift to the floor as he stepped into the comfort of warm, relaxing water pounding and massaging his head and back.

The feeling of the water dripping slowly down his body and slowly relieving his aching muscles allowed the green haired boy to drift into his fantasies - his fantasies of living with the love of his life, all stress from hero life seeping out of his body.

His mind became oblivious to all negative thoughts and mental researching on Todoroki came to a halt.

Eventually he left the comfort of the shower after cleaning himself up after a hard days work. The boy's eyelids started shutting and sleep began to envelope him. He quickly slipped on a loose pair of joggers before collapsing onto his bed, becoming overwhelmed with sleep.

A/N I apologise that this chapter is shorter than the others. It is, in my words, a filler chapter before the bigger events come. I'll warn you now, there may be a few of these filler chapters dotted throughout this fanfiction.
I apologise in advance.