Chapter 26

A/N *Strong Lanaguage*
*Self harm trigger*

Shoto's cries and mourns echoed, every civilian that heard them shaken to the bone. TnT did all he could to hold the broken hero back. While it was difficult he tried and tried. He knew Deku wouldn't want this. He knew Deku wouldn't want his boyfriend to torture himself. He knew that he wouldn't want his boyfriend to mourn over him. He tried and tried to drag Shoto away from the scene, away from the torment, away from the pain...

The news reporters in the sky recorded every cry, every spilled tear and every word spoken. Every civilian were beginning to lose hope that their best hero would come back. They couldn't think otherwise when the only person who could get him back was broken. Trust began to seep out of them and fear began to take over. Japan quickly became shrouded in nothing but fear...

~~~~~

Hours passed before the number two pro hero calmed down. Ingenium stayed behind to talk to reporters about the incident that had just occurred, whist TnT and Red Riot dragged the shaken male back to his house - away from the commotion.

Todoroki didn't move for hours once back at his house. He just sat there, cradling his now cold coffee in silence whilst Bakugo and Kirishima stayed in the kitchen, staring at the screen in there that was currently displaying the news. The news being told disturbed everyone - but nothing could compare to the outburst the heterochromatic hero had shown only an hour before.

It had been reported that Momo Yaoyorozu, aka Creati, had been murdered along with 20 plus police officers. From what evidence has been uncovered, it has been said that it was only 20 minutes before the attack on the parade.

Kirishima walked towards the living room, no longer wanting to look at the mangled body of the former pro hero.

"Where are you going?" Bakugo asked his boyfriend in a quiet, but agitated tone.

"To talk some sense into Todo. You know as much as I do that Midoriya isn't dead. Todoroki needs to see it too. I have an idea on where he might be." Kirishima responded.ki

"You gonna tell me this plan?" Bakugo questioned, walking up to his boyfriend.
"I will as I tell Todoroki. He needs to hear it too."

With that they two males walked out of the kitchen, only to freeze when they saw that the number two hero was no longer sitting on his couch. The coffee mug was still full and left untouched on the table in the middle of the room.

"Upstairs!" The two males exclaimed together before rushing up the stairs to their friend's upstairs bathroom. Approaching the closed door, they heard the sobbing of their broken friend, and the slight clatter of metal hitting the floor.

Bakugo was first to act. He slammed the door open, stepping into the unnecessarily large room before beginning to yell.

"What do you think you're doing IcyHot?!" He stomped towards Todoroki who was kneeling on the floor, seeming so small and vulnerable as tears leaked out of his eyes and blood gushed out of his wrists. Bakugo kicked the bloody blade across the floor, away from the male before standing in front of him to continue his yelling again.

"I told you! Nothing is your fault. Deku wouldn't be taken down so easily. And he certainly wouldn't want you doing this to yourself. You're more than this. Grrr, LOOK UP DAMMIT!" He growled when the male just continued to sob and stare at the floor.

Kirishima placed a hand on his boyfriend's shoulder before taking over. He carefully walked towards Todoroki, kneeling down in order to seem less intimidating.

"Listen Todoroki, I understand how you must be feeling right now, But you have to believe me when I say that nothing that has happened was your fault. Midoriya is strong and I'm sure it took a lot out of that wolf to take him. I have reason to believe that Midoriya isn't dead." Kirishima's voice was soft and calming. Todoroki gently lifted his head at the last sentence, his red, tear-stained face holding curiosity and hope.

"When you went to look for Bakugo after Iida gave up the news, I decided to research something that's been bugging me for a while. I recently came across Uraraka's old house whilst on patrol. It got me thinking that ever since her and Midoriya broke up a few years back, we've not heard anything from her. She used to be a well appreciated hero until she suddenly went off the radar." Kirishima began to explain.

"So... what you're... trying to suggest... is that... the wolf was instructed by her... to take my Izu... by Uraraka.... since she knew full well he wouldn't back down from the fight?" Todoroki managed to stutter out between sobs.

"Exactly. So I believe if we go there, we find Midoriya. The only question is, Why would she take him?" Kirishima pondered.

"Maybe out of spite or revenge? I mean you saw the news about the so called 'Gay Relationship' between Deku and IcyHot. Maybe that caused it. Maybe she still likes him. You know, similar to that Toga bitch who we imprisoned not long after our UA graduation." Bakugo suggested, making Todoroki and Kirishima look at him with shock written all over their faces.

"What? I'm not that dumb." He stated in a matter of fact tone.

Kirishima stood up. "That actually makes sense. Although I do believe a giant wolf attack was a little unnecessary." He mumbled the last part before continuing. "So what do you say Todo? Are you willing to do anything to get Midoriya back from the hands of that bitch?"

Todoroki stayed where he was. His thoughts began to swirl. What if he failed? He couldn't protect him. He was weak. He couldn't defeat one villain on his own without Midoriya. How was he going to get him back? But then again, this was a rescue mission. He needed his Izu back. The only one that truly meant something to him. He needed him back.

With his new found determination he lifted his head with pride before standing up with confidence surging through him. "Yes." His voice no longer cracked.

Kirishima and Bakugo stood at the doorway, determined and brave faces painted on their features. Kirishima spoke up.

"But first. Let's get that sorted." He stated whilst pointing to Todoroki's still bleeding wrists.

Bakugo walked forward, and observed his friend's gashes. He looked up into the apologetic and guilty eyes of the number two pro hero. "This is what you've been hiding from everyone? You can't keep doing this to yourself anymore. You are stronger than you think. While I hate to admit it, you're stronger than I ever will be. So you need to stop this. Prove to everyone around you that you deserve to be one of the best heroes in the world, rather than scraping by on what you have. Prove to Deku that you're everything he's ever going to need." His voice was unnaturally calm, but his gruff voice never faltered.

"I will." Todoroki stated.

"Now where do you keep your cleansing alcohol and bandages?" The explosion hero questioned, his aggressive tone coming back once again. Kirishima face palmed and giggled at his behavior but didn't question it.

"Under the sink." Todoroki stated nonchalantly, before going to sit down on the edge of his bathtub to wait for Bakugo.

Eventually he found what he needed and began to wrap up the heterchromatic hero's wrists.

"Remember if I see anymore cuts I'm going to rip your head off. If need be, know I'm always here to spar with you to release anger. Hey maybe I'll beat you." He smirked as he finished wrapping up the last bandage.

"As if. But thank you Bakugo. I really needed to hear that." Todoroki thanked, looking down at the floor disappointed in himself.

"Hey. Don't go mopey on me again. Let's go down to headquarters in the morning after you've slept and discuss what's going to happen with the other heroes." Bakugo suggested before walking out the bathroom door, Todoroki following close behind.

"Good idea. I guess you and Kiri and go now. Thank you both for your help." Todoroki mentioned again before sitting down on his couch again, chugging the cold coffee - earning looks from a disturbed Kirishima and Bakugo. "What? Cold coffee is nice." He replied monotonously.

"Alright well, see you tomorrow Todo. Make sure to be well rested when we meet at headquarters tomorrow." Kirishima said before heading out the door along with his boyfriend.

With that, Todoroki went upstairs, his eye lids quickly becoming heavy as he stripped off his now bloody hero costume and climbed into his bed - soon falling into a dreamless sleep.