Chapter 13

Midoriya's eyes grew wide and his pupils became pinpricks. How could be have let his guard slip so low? He felt disgraced and ashamed of himself. Did Todoroki mean what he said? Did he mean what he said? He didn't know anymore. His mind was scattered. The events of the past twenty four hours flashed behind his eyes:

His offer,
The bar,
The bathroom,
The awakening,
The news,
The 'confession'

He... He just couldn't process it all. He felt helpless. As if he's let everyone down. Himself. All Might. Todoroki. What could he possibly do now?

"Midoriya, snap out of it!" Todoroki's harsh voice dragged Midoriya out of his despair. He gingerly lifted his head to face the heterochromatic hero that stood before him.

"I.... I'm sorry Todoroki...." he mumbled

"Don't worry about it. We'll find a way through this together." Todoroki replied in a calmer tone this time.

"But how are we gonna do that? The public thinks we're dating. We clearly have a stalker - clearly seen due to whomever took that photo and I fear we- "

Midoriya was suddenly cut off as something soft and soothing smashed into his lips. His eyes widened once again when he saw Todoroki's face, eyes closed and lips on his own. Midoriya fought the urge to scream. He thought this was wrong. Yet at the same time it felt right. It felt... Perfect.

He slowly melted into the kiss, closing his eyes and slowly moving his lips in sync with Todoroki's. The taller male wrapped his arms around Midoriya's waist and hoisted him up, forcing the smaller hero to wrap his legs and arms around his muscular form. Neither of them wanted to break this moment. It felt perfect. Like fate. Everything seemed as if this was meant to be. This moment was heaven for the two of them.

However, it soon came to an end when Todoroki eventually broke the kiss as they both needed to stop for air. Midoriya was blushing crazily and Todoroki was sweating like mad. Quickly realising what they had done however, the heterochromatic hero placed Midoriya on his feet with a panicked expression on his face as he started running towards the stairs, only for his wrist to be grabbed by Midoriya.

He pulled and pulled, trying to escape from the smaller male's grasp, through fear of him finding out about his self torment. However what the hero said made him silent and still, staring at the boy with curiosity and fear.

"I.... I enjoyed that..." The smaller hero said timidly. "I.... I want to tell you something... Something I've wanted to say for a while..."

It was time. After something like this, there was no point in trying to deny his feelings any longer. He probably wouldn't get another chance otherwise.

Todoroki stared wide-eyed, pleading that Midoriya hadn't figured him out. Midoriya took a deep breath and let go of Todoroki's wrist before he spoke.

"I... I like you Todoroki-kun..... As in... Like you like you...."

Todoroki stared, shocked and overwhelmed with happiness. He flung himself at Midoriya, tackling him to the floor in a hug, happy tears streaming out of his eyes.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong? You can tell me." Midoriya's soothing voice calmed the male down a little as he pried himself off the smaller boy beneath him.

"I'm just... So happy... I've been waiting so long to confess to you. Ever since our first sport festival back in UA. I wanted to tell you everything about me, how I felt towards you." he blurted out.

"Wait you feel the same way towards me?" Midoriya asked, surprised.

"Of course I do, idiot." He replied with a smile and ruffled the smaller hero's fluffy, green hair.

"I can't believe it. All these years I thought you were straight. I never thought I'd be in this situation with someone as hot as you." Todoroki's eyes widened a little at this from surprise. Midoriya flushed and looked away with a small smile, only to be swept into a hug by his crush.

"Will... Will you be my boyfriend... Izuku?" Todoroki leaned back and winked.

"Yes!" Midoriya practically screamed, leaping into Todoroki's chest. However he hadn't realised that the dressing gown had become undone and was hanging loose, leaving Midoriya's muscular form exposed.

"You should probably get some clothes on" Todoroki observed with a slight giggle that made the smaller boy's stomach flip upside down.

Todoroki stood up, leaving the flushed boy on his knees, trying to wrap himself up again, and went to go and pick up the clothes he retrieved for Midoriya earlier.

"Hey!" Midoriya laughed as the taller male threw the clothes at his face.

~~~~~

Time passed and the two heroes were in the kitchen cooking food (both fully clothed) dancing and singing along to the loud, blaring music. Todoroki felt enlightened. He couldn't remember the last time he'd had this much fun. What made it all the better was that he was having fun with the love of his life.

Soon they were sat down opposite each other, eating a full breakfast, giggling and chatting until Midoriya spoke up with a very awkward question.

"Um.... Todoroki-kun... Why.... Why have you been wearing bandages so often this month?" Todoroki froze mid mouthful and swallowed hard.

"Oh... Um... Well.... You see I've been training more... And well... I worked a little too hard and strained my wrists...." Todoroki stumbled trying to come up with a decent excuse to stop Midoriya from prying further. It didn't work.

"Todoroki, you should know by now that I can tell when you're lying. I've been friends with you for almost nine years. So what's the real reason?" Midoriya's glare was soft but intimidating, meaning that if the other male didn't tell the truth, he'd be in trouble.

It took a while for Todoroki to answer. He hesitated, his breathing becoming heavier. Until finally he sighed and dropped his head.

"I'm your b..b..boyfriend. You can't keep secrets from me forever you know..." Midoriya's voice was soft and soothing, as he walked towards his partner and gently held a bandaged wrist aloft.

"I... I guess not...." Todoroki sighed. "Go on...take it off.... I can't hide this from you...." Todoroki's voice was merely a whisper as his gaze averted away from the smaller hero.

Carefully, Midoriya unwrapped the white bandage, loop by loop. His eyes became wide and teary when he saw the state of his arm. A multitude of cuts, fresh and old littered the boy's forearm, some flared from infection; small nail-shaped rings covered his palm and the skin looked rough and unrepairable.

"I... I'm so sorry you had to see that..." Todoroki spoke quietly, his gaze still directed at the table beside him.

Quickly Midoriya grabbed the boy's other wrist and unwrapped the bandage, only to see that it was in the same state as the other. His eyes were overflowing with tears. He had no idea just how much his lover was suffering. He felt ashamed of himself for not realising sooner.

He launched himself at the heterochromatic male, almost knocking him off his chair as he wrapped his arms around his neck and sobbed into his chest.

"I... I'm sorry... I'm sorry you had to go through that alone. I should've been there for you. I'm so sorry..."

"It's not your fault. It's my past tormenting me. The nightmares are starting to become too much. I don't know if I'm going to last much longer." Todoroki started hiccuping, tears beginning to flow down his cheeks as he wrapped his scarred arms around the smaller hero.

"I'll be here for you from now on. I promise. You won't have to experience this again.... I love you Shoto....."

A/N the artwork at the top is done by me