Chapter 10: Buzz

" W-Who's there?" 

Silence. 

Shit. Somebody broke in. 

I'm warning you. I'll call the police."

Silence. 

I'm sure that Alfred, Mau and Yhan are on the second floor. Who's here...

... with me?

Kim scanned the place. She sees no one. No one in sight. She closed her eyes and rubbed her forehead. She's thinking of how stressed she was from what was happening, and maybe, she needed a good night sleep. She closed the main door and locked it. 

You are imagining things,Kim. Calm down. 

Hehehe. 

Kim looked back. There it was again! She heard the giggle. She wasn't imagining things. It's real! It's there. And she just heard it again. 

" Wh-Who's there? Show yourself!" 

The sound of the fridge caught her attention. She was sure she closed it before she headed for the door. Somebody opened it. The atmosphere suddenly had a drop of temperature. It was getting chilly. 

And then silence. Somebody closed the fridge again.

Bzzzzz.

The sound of the fridge echoed throughout the floor.

And then silence.

Bzzzz.

Silence.

Bzzzz.

Silence. 

What? 

It's like somebody's playing with the fridge. 

Bzzzz.

Silence.

She slowly walked to the kitchen. She doesn't want to stay any longer than this. But it's drawing her in. Something's drawing her in. 

" Wh-Who's there?"

Hehehe.

A little boy in a knicker set, like what Yhan described from her story, was standing in front of the fridge. He closed the fridge. Opened it. Closed. Open.

The whole room was echoing with the fridge's sounds of buzzing and silence. And she was frozen still. She couldn't move. She was scared stiff. 

Bzzzz.

Silence. 

Bzzz.

Silence. 

Bzzz.

Silence.

The boy stood still. His back on Kim. She couldn't see the boy's face. The eerie silence lingered throughout the room. The room was getting colder and colder. Kim could see her breath. 

She wanted to run. She wanted to scream. But it's different from those horror  movies you see on television. When you're super frightened, you couldn't move a muscle. You can't move an inch. 

She tried to find her voice. But the fear was overwhelming. Her heart was racing. Her breath was visible. And the worse part is, she couldn't move. 

The boy slowly started to turn around to face her. His face bent down. He took one step forward. And then another. And then another. 

He was walking unsteadily. He's pulling his feet off the ground. And he's getting near her. 

No. 

Thud. One step. 

No!

Thud. 

Thud. 

Thud.

The boy staggered across the floor. Kim closed her eyes. She's scared. She could hear her heartbeat. 

" Kim?"

Kim turned around to see Yhan behind her. 

" What was taking you so long?" Yhan tilted her head to see what her friend was so occupied about but she saw a plain kitchen. " What were you doing?" she turned to her friend. 

" There was a -" Kim turned back and the little boy was no where to be found. 

" There was what?" 

Kim studied the kitchen carefully. The fridge was closed. No traces of the little boy either. Like it never happened. 

" Kim?"

" Nothing."