Chapter 44: Nothingness

We were glued to the floor. None of us could move nor could say anything. We didn't have the courage to check what it was that made those sounds and I wasn't complaining or anything. It was good that we were scared. It was good that none of us volunteered to check it out. Bravery sometimes could lead to death, you know. 

I felt Kim's hand touching mine, pulling me back to the floor. I slowly made my way back on the coldness of the ground and continued to scan the panoramic view for any paranormal activity. For any ghosts. I was scared. I wasn't even sure that my friends and I would even leave this house alive. If this was the end, this was the end. 

" I am sure that wasn't just any rat." Yhan whispered. 

No rat could stomp a floor that loud and could slam the door altogether. We all knew that. My heart was beating so loud, my head was starting to throb. " I think it isn't safe here." I muttered. 

" Thanks for pointing that out Miss Obvious!" Yhan replied. Our muscles were tense and we were ready to bolt. 

Our hair stood at its end when we heard soft music playing in a melodic chime. Probably coming out from a music box. Our eyes searched for its source but the house was so dark, we couldn't make out where it was coming from. 

A blue toy truck rolled its way and stopped right in front of us. We froze. It continued to play and play; the melodic tune echoing all throughout the house. Every melodic rhythm was giving us chills and every octave gave us goosebumps. This wasn't normal. We felt the drop of temperature. This time, it was drastic. Cold puffs formed in the air as we breathed. 

" G-guys..." Kim stuttered.

The blue toy truck went silent. Like it heard Kim spoke and it went off just like that. 

I took a step forward towards the toy.

" Where the hell are you going?" Yhan asked with an angry tone. I motioned my hand to her to stay quiet. 

" MAU!" Kim called out in a whisper. " Don't you dare." I ignored her call and continued my way to the blue toy. 

I picked it up and examined it. It was clearly old and dusty. I flipped it over and found a name carved under. 

" Andy." I said in a cold puff. I looked at my friends in confusion. " It belonged to a child."

" But... where exactly IS the child?" Yhan replied.

Something heavy pinned me down and I fell to the cold floor face on and let out a large groan. I heard my friends call out for my name and I winced. What the fuck happened?

 With my body still flat on the floor, I was dragged across the floor and onto the stairs. Each step felt like hellish pain. I tried to grab the railings but it was so fast that I wasn't able to. 

When we turned a sharp left, my head hit on the stair's top railing and I was knocked out unconscious.

Now I would wonder what would happen to me and my friends as I felt being consumed by the black oblivion and into nothingness.