Chapter 13: Whisper

I froze. What? What did she just say? Them?

" K-Kim?" I stuttered. I mean, if this is a joke, hell, it's not funny. 

Kim looked at me. Still with that frigthened face. She's dead serious. I can sense that. But what I realized is that she wasn't looking at me, but what was behind me. 

I turned around in a panic. There was no one in sight. Just an empty bed room. No one in here but us. " K-Kim? Stop kidding around." I silently said as my eyes never left the scene. 

" Ooh, I'm not kidding, alright." I heard her mutter. " They're just in front of you." she continued.

All of a sudden, I felt a chill. My hair stood and goosebumps were all over my body. I don't see them. More like, I can't see them. And what scares me the most is that, Kim CAN. 

I felt Kim's hand held mine. She's cold. Super cold. And when our hands touched, I felt a chill run down my spine. She's scared. We both were. 

 " Who..." I gathered the courage to say. " Who are they?"

Kim held my hand tightly. Like she's telling me that they're listening. They're in front of us and they're listening. 

Kim looked at them. They're perfectly standing still. And they're looking at us. I can't see them but I know they are. 

" W-What are they doing?" I could see my breath. The room temperature has started to drop drastically and there is nothing we can do. 

Kim looked at me. Her facial expression emotionless. In shock, I presume. She's staring at what seems to be in front of my face. Just inches from my face. 

Don't tell me. 

Don't.

You...

know ...

what...

we ...

want." 

I jolted out from the bed. That was just a whisper in front of my face! MY FACE! And I heard it loud and clear. But I can't see anything. I don't even want to know what he or she just did. 

I panicked towards Kim. Kim was holding her ground, more like she's scared stiff. 

I know what they want? I have no fucking clue what they want. They're giving me those nightmares. They're the ones responsible. Why does it have to be me? Why? 

" They're gone." 

I turned to Kim and then scanned the room. She's right. The room's temperature returned to normal and no goosebumps or whatsoever. They're gone. Just like that.

We both fell to the floor. Our knees gave up on us and adrenaline was flowing out from our bodies. We were shivering. Both of us. 

" You can see them?"

Kim nodded. She doesn't know how or why but she was scared witless. I could see tears forming in her eyes. Please don't cry. If you're going to cry now, I ...

" W-W-What did the lady t-t-tell you?" she stuttered. Like she was just out from the cold. 

Lady?

" She told me that I know what they want." I managed to reply. Pushing back the word lady at the back of my mind.

" W-W-What the hell d-d-does that mean?" 

" I..." I looked at her. She was shivering and pale. Like all the color just vanished from her face. 

" ... have no fucking idea." I continued.