Chapter 42: Trapped

" One, two, three..." Both Yhan and I ran towards the door to break it open. We both bounced back onto the floor feeling the pain on our arms that followed after. 

" God damn it!" Yhan exclaimed. We had purple bruises forming on our arms. We had been doing this now for fifteen minutes and each time, would be a hurtful failure. We remained trapped in this god forbidden house.

" Shit. I'm still not getting any signal." Kim emerged from the kitchen, her phone in her hand. We had shitty signals here and there. There was this one time that I got through to Mac. There was a hello from the other line and then static followed. There was no use trying. 

Something was keeping us here. 

" Let's break the windows." I suggested. I didn't care if it was private property and we'd have to pay damages for it as long as we didn't have to stay here until sunset. The more we stayed here, the more I felt something bad was heading for us. I felt nauseous. And not the excited kind of nauseous. 

Yhan unwrapped one chair from its covers. She threw the chair to me and I caught it skillfully. I moved to the window in the living room, one facing the porch. 

" Everybody, stand back." I ordered. The pain on my right arm made me wince and I almost dropped the chair. I fought against the pain; letting adrenaline consume my body. 

I turned to my friends who were now huddled near the living room's fire place. Far from shattering glass and far from danger. And I was the one who'd be in them. 

I swang the chair, letting the impact do all the work. I closed my eyes and waited for the glass to go flying but instead, it just bounced off. The window remained unscratched. 

I took a step back. " What the - " I then raised the chair, holding onto two of its legs and swang it again onto the window. It then again, bounced back. I did it again and again. Frustration and adrenaline were my companions but to no avail. 

I dropped the chair and took one step back. I didn't want to believe my eyes. " What the hell..." The words came out naturally from my mouth as I didn't want to believe any of it. I felt Yhan's hand on my shoulder as she moved past me, pushing me back. She kicked the window but it didn't even budge nor shake.

We tried the other two windows to the left and Kim tried the other windows to the right. The windows stayed unbroken and intact. 

" Shit!" I said. 

We saw a man jogging in the distance and onto the road below. Hope flowed into our veins. We kicked, pummeled, punched the window and shouted for help but he didn't even stop. He didn't hear us. He continued on his way, not knowing there were three women here, trapped in Josephine Walter's home.