Chapter 15: Tomorrow

" Are you sure he's not there? Yes. Yes. I see. Thank you."

Yhan placed the phone down. It's been 9 hours since Alfred's gone. Signs of restlessness are visible from her face. She hasn't eaten anything since Alfred's disappearance and I'd understand. It's tough losing someone you love; not that I'm saying Alfred's gone. You know, gone gone. 

He hasn't gone to work neither." I heard Yhan say. " He left his phone here and I have no freaking idea where he is." she continued. 

I honestly don't know what to do at times like these. I might say something unasked for and that would just make things worse. There was silence in the kitchen. Kim kept silent too. 

It was 3 in the afternoon. We were getting hopeless by the minute. I don't want Yhan to file a Missing Persons case. That would just hurt her. 

" Let's give it until tomorrow." I said gently. " Maybe by then, he'd come back." I looked at Kim. Giving her the back me up look.

" Y-Yeah! Let's give him a whole 24 hours and if he hasn't returned, we'll go to the police." she quickly continued. 

Yhan looked at the two of us and forced a smile. She silently nodded. " I'm glad I have you guys."

Kim and I smiled back at her. And we, too, were forcing it. 

First, the nightmare. Second, them. And lastly, this.

All in a matter of one night. 

Kim and I haven't returned to our flats yet. We don't want to leave Yhan like this. All it takes is one fuck up and we'd lose her. If you know what I mean.I looked at Yhan. She's wearing one of Alfred's white shirts and it was too big for her. She's sitting on a chair, maybe where Alfred used to sit and had her knees on her chest. She was biting her nails. She's panicking. 

The television was on but we didn't care what was on it. My attention was only focused on Yhan. She's so fragile right now. She's about to break down but she's holding up a good fight. 

Kim slowly entered the room and was bringing a plate full of sandwiches. 

" Let's eat up. We need it." she said. 

She's right. We haven't had a decent meal and it's already evening. Yhan called Alfred's parents, his friends, his workmates but their answer was one and the same: they haven't seen him too. 

" Thanks." Yhan said as she was given by Kim. 

I hope she eats this time. I stared at her. She slowly raised the sandwich to her mouth and had a bite. That's a relief. She's finally eating. Kim offered me a sandwich and I too, took a bite. 

Kim sat down beside me on the bed. She's worried about Yhan. Both of us are worried about her. All the more so with Alfred. And now all we have to do is to wait. 

Wait for tomorrow to come.