Chapter 47: Hang

I turned around and saw what seemed to be a horrific sight. A lifeless corpse was hanging from the ceiling fan. He was wearing a black suit and one of his shoes was missing. His tongue was out and veins were visible from the sides of his head down to his neck. His lifeless eyes stared blankly into nothing.

It didn't take a second for me to realize that I was looking at Winston Walter's body. 

He hang still in the dark room. The moonlight lit all of his features. His stubble, his built, his eyes, everything. He was handsome and he was Josephine's husband. And the murderer behind his whole family's death.

I felt all the color of my face flushed out instantly leaving me pale and breathless. I let out cold puffs into the air. I was breathing heavily. The room was cold and dark. Goosebumps were all over my body. With my back pressed on the door, I reached for the door knob behind me. Was he the one who dragged me here? Was he the one who wanted me to find all these? Were these the answers that we needed?

As his body slowly turned to me, I felt that all my strength vanish. My adrenaline was the only thing that stopped me from fainting right here and right now. My only prayer was that, it wouldn't leave me too soon

His corpse turned and stopped when our bodies were now front to front. From staring blankly into nothing, his eyes moved eerily to meet mine. His fingers moved and he raised two of his hands to me. He was reaching out to me. He was trying to say something but the rope that cut off his life string was in the way. I shook my head in fear. 

" N-No..." I muttered out. 

I slowly turned the knob open. 

Chk.

It was locked.

It was locked NOW of all times! 

He continued to reach out for me. His lifeless eyes continued to stare into my soul. I shut my eyes and covered my ears. 

" No! NO!" I screamed out. 

I heard steps from somewhere behind me but I was too frightened to even move. 

I don't know what you want! Leave me alone!" I felt the air around me was starting to get suffocating. 

" Y-You killed her!" I shouted. " You killed her, you monster!" I screamed at the top of my lungs without opening my eyes. 

And that's when I felt his hands on my throat.