Chapter 12: Them

Alfred stood. We all turned to face him and he had this annoyed expression. 

" Guys, this is stupid. Let's all get some rest." Alfred motioned Yhan to come here. Yhan went closer and he placed his arm around his girlfriend's shoulders. " Please. It's late and I think we all need to sleep." 

He is right. It IS 2 in the morning. I must have caused a ruckus. My face flushed, knowing that I've done something embarassing and caused them to worry. I silently nodded. 

Kim kept silent. 

" Okay! That's that." Alfred said as he clapped his hands together. Alfred and Yhan turned around and exited the room. " Good night." Alfred added as he closed the door slowly. I saw Yhan smile nervously behind him. I know she's worried about me. About us.

Kim?" I said in a low voice. Kim turned to me. " Are you alright?"

Kim nodded without a single sound. She sat on the right side of the bed in silence and looked at the window. Her gaze was beyond understanding. I don't know what she has in mind. Seeing the bubbly Kim in pink Snoopy PJs so down like this makes me think that the world has stopped turning. 

" You don't seem okay. If it's because of the scratches, I deeply apolo-"

" No." she cut me off. 

" Then, what's this about? You weren't like this a moment ago." I was getting impatient. I want it straight from her mouth. I want her to tell me the truth that she's angry. Furious. Mad. That I caused a commotion and that I gave her those scratches. I want her to honestly tell me what she feels. 

Kim has been my best friend since I can even remember. Yes. We are like sisters. She's a friend that you could really count on. She has been with me through my thicks and thins and I, to her. Now that the room has been filled with silence, this painful silence between us, I could feel a wall building between her and me. And I don't like it. 

" Kim..." I said gently. " Let's get some sleep. I'm sorry I woke you up." 

She continued to stare at the window. 

" Kim?"

No response. 

I got up and slowly crawled towards her. " What's wrong?" I can't keep this up. Like what I said, I want her to tell me that she's angry. 

" Mau."

I stopped. Finally, she spoke! 

She looked at me with a face that I've never seen before. There was fear written all over her face. Hesitation and panic. Her beauty tainted with fright. 

The light from the window made her face just visible enough. She's scared. Frightened. And that's when my hair stood at its end when she whispered this question...

" Can't you see them?"