Chapter 64: Bang

My hands were trembling and they were about to give up on me, placing less pressure on Yhan's wound. Adrenaline was quickly flowing out from my body and after that, there would be nothing of me left. I might break down any time now. 

" Oh God. We have to get out of here." I sobbed, my eyes still focused on the window. Yhan saw me so fixated on the window that she gathered the strength to ask. 

" What? Where's Kim?"

I shut my eyes close, letting the tears go as they came. Kim was gone. And I would have to accept that. We would have to accept that. I simply shook my head as I bent my head down in surrender. I didn't know that the situation could be so dire. 

" No... You're fucking with me..." I heard Yhan say in disbelief. I felt her rustling as she moved away from my touch. She let out a groan as the blood continued to ooze out. I caught her as she groaned to the pain.

" Let's get out of here first and get you patched up." I said, still sobbing. " I'll come back for Kim. I'll find her, I promise." 

Yhan eyed me suspiciously. She was about to say something but gave up on it. She didn't have enough strength to even fight back at me. She simply nodded, averting her gaze from mine. She was hiding the tears. 

We jolted when we heard loud banging on the door. We pulled each other closer. We didn't want to answer to what was on the other side. If this would be the end, this would be the end. I just hoped a little sooner that Kim, Yhan and I would be still together until our last breaths. But today, we lacked one attendee. 

The banging continued. This time, it was getting louder. 

I felt a hand inserted in mine. I thought at first it was Kim, but spun to see a worried Yhan. I forced a smile out. We had no way out. 

Yhan smiled back. 

I was so angry at myself for bringing them into this matter. I was so angry at myself for involving so many innocent people into this. I was now what they call a murderer. 

I felt so low to have endangered and to have killed so many people in my life. How I wished they had taken me instead. 

Tears were falling non-stop from my eyes as the banging continued. I guessed this where all of it would end. 

All of a sudden, the door slammed open and light flashed before our eyes.