Chapter 60: Second

The hidden door was still there. When we ran out to escape, no one even bothered to move the dresser back. Hell, we were terrified. 

The door was dark brown and dusty. It was ready to welcome us back into its arms. Today, I could sense something from my friends. We had a bit of courage to face all this. We needed it. We needed a little bit of determination to fight all evil that we were about to face. We have each other. Take that, evil spirits. 

Yhan reached for the hidden door's knob and turned it. We heard the chk sound and it was locked for some reason. And we clearly remembered, we hadn't locked it at all. We ran for our lives the last time we exited this door. Luckily, Mac gave me the keys.

" Let me." I offered. Yhan took a quick side step and gave me way. I inserted random keys into the keyhole, fumbling my way from one to another. It was a funny scene, if you'd ask me. 

After a minute of me and my fumbling, one key gave the latching sound as I turned it clockwise. We looked at each other. I saw Kim gulped. I pushed the door open, leading us to a staircase. And on the top of the staircase was a door. The door to the study room. So close, yet so far. 

We ascended the stairs, fearing that one step might break and we'd be falling into a dark pit. The steps were wooden and a century old, so thoughts of it were running at the back of my mind. 

We reached the top door safely. I reached for the door knob and fortunately, it was open. I swung it open and the study room greeted us. Books were still scattered on the floor and so were different documents. 

" You'd fit right here." I joked as I looked at Kim. Kim was a book worm. She'd bury herself in her books rather than talking to a guy. Maybe that'd be one of the factors why she didn't get herself a boyfriend. 

She raised her eyebrow. " Ha Ha. Funny. " 

I let out a small laugh. Yhan smiled too. 

The ceiling fan caught my attention. I remembered seeing Winston Walter hanging from the ceiling fan. His eyes met mine and it was more than horrible to see someone dead still reaching out for you. I shook the thoughts out of my head.

We were now huddled in the center of the study room. Three candles were each in front of us and the Ouija board was in the middle. We were going to do the seance again. And this time, we would definitely do it from start to finish. 

" You guys ready?" Yhan whispered.

" Yes." Kim answered.

I nodded. " Yeah."

Yhan took a deep breath and were now officially starting the second seance. 

We Were Thereजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें