Chapter 13: Not Ready Part 3!

Emily starred out the window as it rained at the police station. Aaron walked up to her and rubbed her back. She looked at him and gave him a small smile as he handed her a cup of coffee and she accepted it. "You okay?" Aaron asked and she nodded. "I am." Emily replied. The rest of the team came in and I walked over to them. JJ and Derek had just gotten back from talking to the neighbors and Spencer and David had just gotten back from the victims house. "What do you have?" Aaron asked. "Family says he usually stays inside unless the family leaves the neighborhood for several hours." David replied. Aaron nodded and turned to JJ and Derek. "They said they hadn't seen anything." Derek told him. "But their original statements said they had." Aaron commented and JJ shrugged. "They changed it." JJ commented. "But why?" Spencer asked. "They don't like cops, but they hate FBI. Either they lied the first time to get the cops off their backs, or they're lying now to keep us away from them." Emily replied and Aaron sighed. "What do we do now?" JJ asked. "I have a slightly insane idea that might just work." Emily replied and Aaron eyed her.
       Emily walked back into the station. "Way to go, Em." Derek commented and Emily smiled. "Thanks." Emily commented. She walked in the conference room where Aaron was. "You got the neighbor across the street to crack, I'm proud of you." Aaron told her and she grinned. "Thank you." Emily commented. Emily sighed as she held her stomach. "What's wrong, Em?" Aaron asked. "Morning sickness." Emily replied. "Go to the restroom if you need, I'll be fine on my own for a minute." Aaron told her and she nodded. She walked out and sort of jogged as she held her stomach with one hand and her mouth with her other. JJ looked up and watched her.
      JJ walked into the restroom and heard Emily. She walked over to a closed stall and knocked. "Em, I know you're in there." JJ commented. Emily sighed as she wiped her mouth. "I'm fine, JJ. I'll be out in a moment." Emily told her. JJ stepped back when she heard Emily unlock the stall. Emily walked past JJ towards the sink and started splashing water on her face. She dried it with a few paper towels and then turned to JJ. They just started at one another for a moment. "How long?" JJ asked. "A couple weeks." Emily replied. "Does Aaron know?" JJ asked. "Yes." Emily replied. "Anyone else?" JJ asked. "Not yet." Emily replied. "When are you going to tell everyone?" JJ asked. "After this case." Emily replied and JJ nodded.
      Aaron walked into the interrogation room as David watched behind the glass. Mark Custusk sat there, not wanting to speak. He lives across the street from the victim. "What did you see last night?" Aaron asked. "Nothing that concerns you." Mark told him and Aaron glared at Mark. "Actually it does, because I'm with the FBI." Aaron told him and Mark rolled his eyes. "I'm not talking." Mark commented and Aaron sighed as he sat down. "If you don't talk, then you helped the Unsub and you could go to prison for a very long time. So I suggest you start talking." Aaron told him and he sighed. There was a moment of silence as Aaron and Mark glared at each other. "I can give you a description of what he looks like." Mark told him and nodded. "One of my coworkers will get a sketch artist." Aaron commented and that's when David left.
      Emily sat at a table thinking about the case. JJ walked up to her and sat next to her. JJ handed her a cup of tea and crackers. "These helped me with my pregnancy, and I don't know if it'll help you with yours." JJ told her and Emily smiled. "Thanks." Emily commented. "Any ideas on the case?" JJ asked and Emily shook her head. "No." Emily replied. JJ looked at the board and got up to walk over to it. Emily pushed her eyebrows together as she watched her friend. "You know how it's almost always someone close to the family?" JJ asked and Emily nodded. "Yeah." Emily replied. "Maybe we haven't been able to figure it out yet because this time it's not." JJ suggested. Emily stood up and walked up to her as she examined the board too. "The store clerk at the corner store just started right before they got back from vacation." JJ commented. "You think its him?" Emily asked and JJ nodded as she turned her head to face her friend. "I do." JJ replied. "I'll text Aaron and let him know we are checking it out." Emily told her.
     Aaron and David were with Mark in the interrogation room with the sketch artist. Aaron's phone beeped and he looked at the text from Emily. David leaned closer to him. "What is it?" David asked in a whisper. "Emily and JJ are going back to the store clerk." Aaron replied. "Why?" David asked. "I don't know, some theory." Aaron replied. "They'll be okay." David told him and Aaron nodded. "I know." Aaron agreed. "We're done." The sketch artist commented as she stood up. She handed Aaron the picture and both him and David gasped.
      JJ parked the car and they looked out the window at the store. "You sure about this? With your pregnancy and all?" JJ asked. "Yes, I'm not gong to let being pregnant stop me." Emily replied and JJ nodded. Emily's heart pounded. She had so much going on in her head that it gave her a headache. She was still extremely nervous about this child. She still wasn't ready. She didn't know if she was ready, or if she could do this. "Then let's go." JJ commented. "Yep." Emily agreed. They both got out of the car and walked into the store. When they walked in, no one was there. "No one's here." JJ commented. "Well, someone has to be." Emily commented. There was movement in the back and they nodded to each other as they got their guns out and ready. They slowly walked to the back and opened the door as they gasped.